How would the fans feel

So in summary, you want him to fund the clubs losses out of his own pocket so you can have a better football team.

Got it.

Try eBay

No it was paid off, as per the plan all along. It was shorts way of getting the parachute money

Do you think owners sell because people boo?
Many championship club owners do. Why not ours? Or should we just be content having owners putting nothing in and taking on external debt in tbe process which will likely eat away at the money we generate?

You seem.quite happy to have a team that will likely be fighting relegation to league 1 again next season. I'm not.

“Sustainable” is convenient.

Their loan pretty much cancels out anything they’ve put in. Just SD and CM in fancier clothes.
it doesnt cancel it out unless they took it as repayment..
if the loan is being used to cover running costs...then it doesnt impact what they put in..
Many championship club owners do. Why not ours? Or should we just be content having owners putting nothing in and taking on external debt in tbe process which will likely eat away at the money we generate?

You seem.quite happy to have a team that will likely be fighting relegation to league 1 again next season. I'm not.
or owners have put money in..

No. That's what happened to the parachute. That £25m ended up with SBC, but had to go via Madrox and Drumaville to get there. Would have been far simpler to have left it in the club, but the overall impression I got was that the legals for the Madrox takeover were put together by Lionel Huttz.
That’s what I thought but
So in summary, you want him to fund the clubs losses out of his own pocket so you can have a better football team.

Got it.

Try eBay

No it was paid off, as per the plan all along. It was shorts way of getting the parachute money

so the debt was paid off

Got it.

Try eBay

so the debt was paid off. I thought you were implying itherwise

This £10m can get us far. I’d love us to use it to sign a great player. But my only concern is that it could push us further toward FFP punishment and a points deduction.

Thing is had Donald not been a just second hand car dealer I think he would have been far more ambitious than KLD. Or put it another way if he had his money he would invest more of it. I honestly think he was more passionate as highlighted by the ridiculous Grigg decision.,
I think Donald had a hugely ambitious plan, both for himself and for the club-but simply didnt have the brain power to execute it.

I think his plan was for madrox to become a large investment consortium with dozens of the super rich invested, and donald running it day to day, one of the investments would be SAFC..but that there would be others.

Thing is, a person putting that together would havr to have an international business reputation, not just a local plan.
His plan was for Methven to bring the others in, but they didnt come because they didnt like what they saw in Donald. and probably didnt want to do it based ona league one club.
Why does a club with a supposedly wealthy and fully invested owner need to take out a loan in the first place?
all clubs take on debt...my worry is it shouldnt be happening this early in SAFCs development.
Newcastle and chelsea both owe hundreds of millions to externla creditors..
But those clubs are at an inflection point where a huge capital outlay is needed..SAFC shouldnt be thinking about that for around 3 years

Last edited:
Thing is had Donald not been a just second hand car dealer I think he would have been far more ambitious than KLD. Or put it another way if he had his money he would invest more of it. I honestly think he was more passionate as highlighted by the ridiculous Grigg decision.,
Kyril knows he has half of the fan base in his pocket as they are desperate to be a good supporter, hes not daft hes dangerous.

I think Donald had a hugely ambitious plan, both for himself and for the club-but simply didnt have the brain power to execute it.

I think his plan was for madrox to become a large investment consortium with dozens of the super rich invested, and donald running it day to day, one of the investments would be SAFC..but that there would be others.

Thing is, a person putting that together would havr to have an international business reputation, not just a local plan.
His plan was for Methven to bring the others in, but they didnt come because they didnt like what they saw in Donald. and probably didnt want to do it based ona league one club.

all clubs take on debt...my worry is it shouldnt be happening this early in SAFCs development.
Newcastle and chelsea both owe hundreds of millions to externla creditors..
But those clubs are at an inflection point where a huge capital outlay is needed..SAFC shouldnt be thinking about that for around 3 years

Explain inflection point please. I assume it means financing a rebuild of the club after acquisition. Is that not similar if you look at relatively?

I wonder how the fans will feel when we’ve made over £50m from player sales in the summer, and reinvested it into proven, experienced, but young talent and we have the fast counter attacking, free flowing football back, this time next year - with a top manager who the players love?

This season is just a mere blip in the long-term plan.

It’ll all be areet in the end. If it’s not areet, it’s not the end.
https://media.tenor.com/x4_pBdCKO8EAAAAM/head-in-the-sand.gif

Back