How successful would you be as a beggar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have the cutest dog with big eyes but skinny as fuck....the beggar in Benidorm this year finished his shift got up and put his dog in the front seat of his clio and drove off:lol::eek::lol:

My son lives in Brighton, he is a kind and chatty lad. On his way home from the pub he stopped to chat to a homeless man with a dog. After a bit crack and giving him a couple of quid he went to stroke the dog, the fucker bit him twice.

He spent the next few hours waiting in casualty for a clean up and tetanus.

I'd be asking for £10 per pop personally, got to get lucky less often & would still pick up change from those who were going to give it to you.

That lad on North Road in Durham annoys me, begs all day with his Charlie Chaplin accent and his digerydo. Then goes into the pub and smashes pints of punk IPA total conman, sad that people fall for it

In Vegas I’d say just about every other one has some similar kind of sign.
Very true. I think the best one I've seen in Vegas was one that said something about the person being from the 70's and needing money to fix his time machine so he could back to go back to the 70's:lol:

Must be canny money in it or they'd get a wash and ask about the jobs advertised in the windows of the shops they sit outside.

I knew a Buddhist American millionaire and his philosophy on beggars( eg the gypsy ones you see outside of supermarkets) was to give them 10 cents (in Spain).
The idea being if 100 people gave them that, it would be enough for them to eat. But not much else, meaning get a job if you want to make proper money.
I sort of like that approach, I often give tiny amounts, but nee f***ing way are they gonna get £1, £2 or two Euros.

The exception being some of the destitute African migrants we occasionally give 10 Euros to (they haven't asked for money, we just get on talking to them).
I know some of the heartbreaking things that happen, as we recently went to visit a lad in Italy who I knew in Gambia and is now awaiting an uncertain fate.

He made the crossing, got ripped off, unpaid in Chad for 4 months work, arrested for nowt and hung by his feet in a Libyan jail, escaped, saw women raped, dead people hoyed off the bus in the desert.

When I am in poorer countries, I give very small change to beggars, rather than carrying a pocket full of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back