How often do you get a takeaway?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date

Only about once a fortnight or something now, but from Friday lunchtime 'til Monday morning no food gets made in the house as we eat out for every meal over the weekend.

Takeaways are a bit hit and miss but there are some lovely restaurants nearby.

Used to get 1 or 2 a week but it was costing a fortune. Started trying to replicate them at home now for nowhere near the expense. The Als Kitchen thread on here is a great place to start, done the madras a few times. Tend not to get chinese takeaway to often as when I go to Portsmouth I always go for all you can eat. Haven't had decent fish and chips for ages as the one I used to go to in Boldon has changed ownership and it's crap now. Tend to do our own pizzas when we remember to get the ingredients. Main takeaway that I couldn't attempt to replicate is Mixed Kebab wrap with chips and chilli sauce from Fast Fry in West Boldon.

Which chippy changed hands Marra?

Saw some lads and lasses next to me at the Sri Lanka v England test get pizzas delivered to gate number 5 last week. Perfectly fine with the Sri Lankan authorities. Could you imagine getting a Domino's delivered to turnstile 35 at the SoL at half time?

Saw some lads and lasses next to me at the Sri Lanka v England test get pizzas delivered to gate number 5 last week. Perfectly fine with the Sri Lankan authorities. Could you imagine getting a Domino's delivered to turnstile 35 at the SoL at half time?
Been on a train where that's happened. Someone ordered up a pizza to meet them at Doncaster

Back