How much booze do you buy for xmas for house

Only thing I can think of, is there’s a few “Guinness challengers” entered the supermarkets recently. BrewDog stout & Camden stout. Both pretty much rip offs of Guinness. Which might mean Murphys hasn’t got a place anymore.

I’ve had both & neither are far off Guinness or Murphys, but it’s very much a branding exercise I reckon. It’s a newer fresher option.

None of them ever last. There's been several brands that have tried to enter the stout market in recent years and all have failed.

They try to go for the 18-35 market thinking Guinness is an "old man's" drink and they'll sneak in that way, but Diageo have resources and the brand recognition that no one else can compete with. According to latest figures, every 3rd pint sold in Ireland for example is Guinness.

One key reason why Murphys has disappeared a bit in the last few years is because Heineken, who own Murphys, had been trying to push their new stout called Island's Edge. After spending a ridiculous amount of money on marketing, they've recently discontinued the stout after just 2 years.

As a result, I suspect Murphys will become more available again.

Just a bottle of Spice Monkey: A Spanish copy of Fireball. Actually tastes even better than Fireball with more of a cinnamon kick. Don't really drink that much in the house cos I drink enough when I'm working.

Just bought 50 cans of Stella, got 23 cans from my advent calendar, missus has just bought a bottle of passion fruit liqueur stuff. Should get us through till the 27th.

Not much really. Bottle of southern comfort, bottle of woods rum, 10 bottles of various wines, assorted real ales and a slab of lager. Oh and 4 cans of dark fruits for the kids.

12 bottles of Stella Unfiltered, 12 bottles of Moretti, 2 bottles of Canti prosecco, bottle of Southern Comfort, some porters and IPA's for any guests that don't drink lager.

I'm only drinking in the house Christmas day so don't need much.

None of them ever last. There's been several brands that have tried to enter the stout market in recent years and all have failed.

They try to go for the 18-35 market thinking Guinness is an "old man's" drink and they'll sneak in that way, but Diageo have resources and the brand recognition that no one else can compete with. According to latest figures, every 3rd pint sold in Ireland for example is Guinness.

One key reason why Murphys has disappeared a bit in the last few years is because Heineken, who own Murphys, had been trying to push their new stout called Island's Edge. After spending a ridiculous amount of money on marketing, they've recently discontinued the stout after just 2 years.

As a result, I suspect Murphys will become more available again.
Never been a stout or porter drinker, wasn't/isn't there a stout called Caffertys or McCaffertys?

Couple of bottles of bubbly for Christmas Day. Couple of bottles of red, a bottle of white.
That's it really.

Bottle of P for this evening in the fridge.

A whole lot more after the latest debacle at the Stadium of Delight Today..................Enough to keep me pleasantly numb throughout the Whole of January to dull the expected shafting from the Bar Codes!!!! :cool:

Back