How Many Wins On The Trot

I dont think it will be ongoing, once ( if) we're on an even keel.
He's charged with getting young talent in the shop window. Isnt going to happen if he keeps too tight a rein on creativity and flair.
Mind , ive nothing against us being solid either
We don’t look solid though. We are giving teams loads of chances and look like lambs to the slaughter when we face a decent pressing team.

I don’t think I’ll ever like him tbh.

He may do a good job but just isn’t a likeable character.

Saturdays win was welcome but against a poor Stoke side. Let’s see how we get on against some one in the top half.

My main concern with Beale is his competence to do the job. I'm not keen on his communication style but ultimately his job is about getting football results.

I think we should be finishing in the play offs. If he can do that, I'll start to believe he is up to the job.
I really hope we make the playoffs obviously but being honest I think it’s a massive ask. Ipswich are the club I think that will drop but they are so far ahead of us, West Brom we beat but are a good outfit. Coventry have reinvested. I think 7 or 8 is the likely outcome with the young squad we have and that’s nowt to do with Beale.

If he can get 3 on the bounce then it'll be the first time since September and probably only the 2nd/3rd time we've managed in the championship in 2 seasons.

I'll support the lads, but we could win the league this season and I'll still look forward to the day he is replaced. Things he's come out with aren't acceptable and winning a few games doesn't make it OK.
Whereas I don’t give much of a shit about his character or what he says as long as he coaches and develops the players well.
Win every game till end of season and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt
There’s a weird competition on here which is like ‘watch, my post shows I hate him the most’. Frankly it’s a bit sad.

Last edited:
I don't really care TBH. Way I see it is if things don't continue to pick up then he'll be sacked at the end of the season. If he does well then he'll be off as soon as a decent club comes in for him. There's no way he'll hang around if he gets on a roll. He's just keeping the seat warm IMO.

We don’t look solid though. We are giving teams loads of chances and look like lambs to the slaughter when we face a decent pressing team.
We haven't looked particularly solid since we got promoted in back to the Championship. It's a far higher level than league one.

Far better players and better strikers in this division. We don't keep many clean sheets and need to score more than the opposition to win games.

None of that is down to Beale.

Whereas I don’t give much of a shit about his character or what he says as long as he coaches and develops the players well.

There’s a weird competition on here which is like ‘watch, my post shows I hate him the most’. Frankly it’s a bit sad.
I couldn’t give a fuck about his demeanour or look or background. I only want the team to be successful it it’s with him so be it. He’s still got some way to go though

I don't really care TBH. Way I see it is if things don't continue to pick up then he'll be sacked at the end of the season. If he does well then he'll be off as soon as a decent club comes in for him. There's no way he'll hang around if he gets on a roll. He's just keeping the seat warm IMO.
I would agree that even he doesn’t see us as his ultimate destination even if he achieves ‘success’
:lol: He's never once slagged us off.
Must have been just background noise

Sunderland don’t do wins on the trot.

Equal or better what we did last season and he will have done a great job.
Just fall short but finish top 10 an he'll be given a full season. If the team falls off a cliff and finishes in the bottom half of the table he will have to go.
Fine margins Michael.
The end of TM reign was nothing like the excitement of his previous month's.

I really hope we make the playoffs obviously but being honest I think it’s a massive ask. Ipswich are the club I think that will drop but they are so far ahead of us, West Brom we beat but are a good outfit. Coventry have reinvested. I think 7 or 8 is the likely outcome with the young squad we have and that’s nowt to do with Beale.
When Beale came we were 7th, three points out of the playoffs. We are now still 7th, level with 6th, albeit having played a game more. We are obsessed with progression, not resigned to a gentle decline. Beale's minimum target has to be playoffs. It's far more realistic than saying he has to win 10 games on the bounce or whatever

Robins and Corberan are both coaches who make their squads achieve more than the sum of their parts. Success for Beale will be adding that bit of value on top as well. He'll be given a significant hand up mind if we can sign Amad.

We haven't looked particularly solid since we got promoted in back to the Championship. It's a far higher level than league one.

Far better players and better strikers in this division. We don't keep many clean sheets and need to score more than the opposition to win games.

None of that is down to Beale.
I never said we did. I was responding to the poster who said he would be happier with boring football if we were more solid. We haven’t looked any more solid under Beale and at the same time have lost any attacking intent we previously had which in my book means we have gone backwards.

Back