How many tickets are we giving Celtic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't look to bring in a big glamour club in but rather only chose Celtic because they'll bring a large crowd with them. Our fans weren't considered and I doubt the club thought long and hard about the quality of the current Celtic team or even their history. If Celtic said no we'd have got Rangers instead.

I think this game comes in the middle of their tie with Rosenborg so I can't even imagine it being a strong Celtic team.:rolleyes:

Not just cos they will bring a big crowd, they are sponsored by Dafabet so it's the Dafabet Cup :confused:

TBH I am only going cos there's no cricket for me and the lad, but I could take it or leave it.

You knar what.....f***ing good that it's barely sold (tin hat on).
I know myself and the 8 or 9 ST holders round me haven't even considered going (compared to the fact some of the lads went down to hartlepool the other night).

The club have went for a game / opposition where it brings in the coin from away fans and sponsors, it's meant to be a 'celebration' of 20 years but they've done nowt to get fans enticed- apart from inviting former SoL players to turn up to do a round the pitch.
In fact, they expect Celtic to outnumber us they've invited surviving Lisbon Lions along.

So, a big to fingers up to Short and Bain from me. Fuck yous. I did my part and renewed my ST. Yous can't even get a friendly right....never mind recruitment for a squad in drastic need to change!

Rant over:lol:

Great post and I totally agree. I have said from the very start that the game was a farce

Where to start with this. If you ever doubted the people who run the club dont have a clue then this farce sums everything up.
Sales are shit because Celtic are hardly a glamour fixture and older fans will remember the bother every time an Old Firm team has played in Sunderland or Newcastle. That and the extra police presence that will be needed will have put off families from attending and Celtic wont be even putting a full team out as it is in between a Champions League qualifier. Brendan Rogers is a smarmy git too.
It is also a bad time for a 'celebration' we have just been relegated ffs 25yrs would be more appropriate.
Quinn said we wouldnt do anymore home friendlies 10yrs ago as the club lost money on them so we ended up with the concerts. Never mind the revenue for the club and wider area that came in from them Moyes wanted his home friendly (another bullshit excuse for poor starts) and that was that. The club will lose a fortune over this and in future years as St James Park is hosting concerts again. The fact theve pulled season ticket payments forward tells you that they have lost revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back