How many in the UK have now had it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was estimated to have been around 1 in 16 back in the summer when they did the antibody tests.

By now, possibly about 15 - 20% so about 1 in 6
Some of those early ones will have lost their antibodies so they will be dropping off as fast as people join the Merry wagon of immunity

Some of those early ones will have lost their antibodies so they will be dropping off as fast as people join the Merry wagon of immunity

Isn't there a t cell immunity which lasts a lot longer? We haven't really heard of many double infections, just a few isolated cases which also happens with things like chickenpox

Isn't there a t cell immunity which lasts a lot longer? We haven't really heard of many double infections, just a few isolated cases which also happens with things like chickenpox
It’s going to be like the flu imms. We are going to need a top up year on year. We don’t know enough about this yet but after a year or 2 we will know more.

It’s going to be like the flu imms. We are going to need a top up year on year. We don’t know enough about this yet but after a year or 2 we will know more.

Theres still a lot of unknowns but the science bods have suggested that this doesn't mutate as fast as the flu virus.

Careful mind posting links that show London had twice as many infections as the rest of the country. You'll be getting accused of claiming they "had" herd immunity & being dangerous.
After a good Xmas and new year piss up parts of London will have herd immunity by end of January.

Remember a couple month ago telling everyone on here that London had Herd Immunity :lol:
That's the cautious estimates. Personally think it's a canny bit higher especially in London (look at the rate of change in regional hospitalisation graphs, what you see in London is what you'd see with herd immunity)

They always seem to report around 25,000+ positive tests a day. Even if you went with a conservative figure of 20,000 people testing positive each day times say 300 days (we've probably been at it more than 300) but that's still 6 million. 68 million people (allegedly / "officially") in the UK so about 8% at least

It was estimated to have been around 1 in 16 back in the summer when they did the antibody tests.

By now, possibly about 15 - 20% so about 1 in 6
Was gonna say the same maybe 15 to 20% so nowhere near herd immunity.
Only the vaccine will bring that
660,000 had in during a one week period at beginning of this month, I reckon 20 to 25 million.
If that was the case that's a third of the population.
Has a third of every person in your street or people you know had it?

Last edited:
Was gonna say the same maybe 15 to 20% so nowhere near herd immunity.
Only the vaccine will bring that

If that was the case that's a third of the population.
Has a third of every person in your street or people you know had it?
Possibly. Over a third will be totally oblivious to the fact they had it. Using ONS’ weekly stats where they say x amount have it then around 5 million must have had it since mid October, we had months of small amounts of cases taking over, weeks of letting rip in March and April. I reckon over 20 million.

I reckon quite a lot. Was it not something silly like 70% of the people at Northumbria university were asymptomatic?

Obviously this is the demographic that isn't really going to suffer, I would have thought the amount of asymptomatic cases will decrease as you love up the age and vulnerability brackets (pure guess) but overall there must a good chunk of the country who have had it now. Just think how many people won't have been tested at the beginning.

Not sure how this would effect herd immunity as I read natural immunity would depend of the severity of the strain you have and how long ago. I wonder if the people who have not shown symptoms are deemed to have a weak strain or not?
I think that Northumbria Uni figure was found to be incorrect

Remember around 30% had prior T cell immunity and 10% are kids that are immune so doesn’t take much more to gain herd immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back