How many in the UK have now had it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 32773

Saw the official figure is now 1,948,660. Since February those on top of this figure who did not get tested must be millions more than this. The ONS estimated one week last month there was 500 000 infections alone. Must be getting close to 1 in 3 or 4 who have now had it 🤔

Be amazed if I haven’t had it when the other 2 people I live with tested positive for it, and we didn’t bother with the guidelines about how to isolate within your own home so it doesn’t spread to others in the house. We just stayed indoors for 2 weeks and cracked on as normal in our household bubble apart from that. Eating together, using the same bathroom, watching tele together on a night. I can’t see how people could manage all that without total misery and inconvenience unless you lived in a mansion. I tried one night on the settee and thought fuck that, rather take me chances catching it. As it turned out I got no symptoms so never got tested.

Saw the official figure is now 1,948,660. Since February those on top of this figure who did not get tested must be millions more than this. The ONS estimated one week last month there was 500 000 infections alone. Must be getting close to 1 in 3 or 4 who have now had it 🤔
If it was 33% then if you got immune from having it I'm sure the transmission rates would be so much lower. Iirc you only need about 60% in the country to have herd immunity.

So either it's far lower than 33%, or more worrying, when you get it, it doesn't mean that you can't get it in the future.
I think

I reckon quite a lot. Was it not something silly like 70% of the people at Northumbria university were asymptomatic?

Obviously this is the demographic that isn't really going to suffer, I would have thought the amount of asymptomatic cases will decrease as you love up the age and vulnerability brackets (pure guess) but overall there must a good chunk of the country who have had it now. Just think how many people won't have been tested at the beginning.

Not sure how this would effect herd immunity as I read natural immunity would depend of the severity of the strain you have and how long ago. I wonder if the people who have not shown symptoms are deemed to have a weak strain or not?

AKA

“HeRd ImMuNiTy” shout incoming :lol:

It was estimated to have been around 1 in 16 back in the summer when they did the antibody tests.

By now, possibly about 15 - 20% so about 1 in 6
And that was just looking at antibodies. Carol Sikora was on talkradio this morning and mentioned a US study that believes 20% of Americans have had it with a further 10% having natural immunity. Look at school kids for example. In my kids class since Sept 2 only kids have tested positive separately. Each time class sent home. How many other kids in the class will have been infected by these two but will never have been tested? Multiply this across the UK. Approx 20 000 positive tests a day probs at least double that being infected each day who are asymptomatic or dont get tests. Thats nearly half a million every 10 days so will be well more than 4million across the Uk.
AKA

“HeRd ImMuNiTy” shout incoming :lol:
Eeh your so funny, I'm still trying to work out which spectrum you are on. I'm sure you wont be complaining when the vaccine finally gives us herd immunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 42
And that was just looking at antibodies. Carol Sikora was on talkradio this morning and mentioned a US study that believes 20% of Americans have had it with a further 10% having natural immunity. Look at school kids for example. In my kids class since Sept 2 only kids have tested positive separately. Each time class sent home. How many other kids in the class will have been infected by these two but will never have been tested? Multiply this across the UK. Approx 20 000 positive tests a day probs at least double that being infected each day who are asymptomatic or dont get tests. Thats nearly half a million every 10 days so will be well more than 4million across the Uk.

Eeh your so funny, I'm still trying to work out which spectrum you are on. I'm sure you wont be complaining when the vaccine finally gives us herd immunity.

No need for that like

No need for that like
He is a guy who thinks anyone who catches Covid must have done something wrong and is a 'scratter' and wanted any teacher who tests positive investigated by the school, he trolls half the board.

Reactions: 42
About 10-15%
I would think this is a bit low but not miles out. I would guesstimate 15-25%.
Study published back in August was 6%.
At current rates of infection - which are increasing again - combined with vaccination I would guess herd immunity will actually be reached by end of the winter. Of course that relies on you not being able to get it again or at least if you can then it’s much less serious. If the hospitals cope this winter and we get Oxford vaccine very soon then we should be OK. Until the next one that is - which is likely already on its way.

I would think this is a bit low but not miles out. I would guesstimate 15-25%.
Study published back in August was 6%.
At current rates of infection - which are increasing again - combined with vaccination I would guess herd immunity will actually be reached by end of the winter. Of course that relies on you not being able to get it again or at least if you can then it’s much less serious. If the hospitals cope this winter and we get Oxford vaccine very soon then we should be OK. Until the next one that is - which is likely already on its way.

Careful mind posting links that show London had twice as many infections as the rest of the country. You'll be getting accused of claiming they "had" herd immunity & being dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back