How many DIY jobs do you currently have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many. Women are never happy unless they are playing interior designer.

Paint the bathroom walls from the bathroom I demolished then rebuilt is the biggest.

Finish stripping and painting the staircase (I got halfway through and stopped when the bairn was born. He'll be 4 in October).
Finish filling in the chasing from rewiring (that was done 4 year ago)
Fix the bathroom tap
Fix the bathroom door
Fix curtain rod things to the wall
Fix the shed door back on
Varnish the kitchen step

They're the priorities right now...

Got some pictures that need framing and putting up.

Several jobs that need me to get the drill out:
A hanging plant pot to go on the porch wall
Some trellis that has came off the outside wall
I bought a new hose pipe but I need to put the hanging bracket on the wall by the outside tap

Need to box in the exposed pipes under the boiler.

I'm supposed to be recuperating after an operation, but have spent the afternoon planning a seating area in the garden. I've been looking at paving, an arbour and have been drooling over angle grinders.
You're becoming the man that you wanted to marry:lol:

Two lawns to mow
Half a hedge to trim (battery packed in).
Fixing beading on a window in the porch
Drawers to assemble in kitchen
Side gate needs repairing where I damaged it with the pressure washer.

That's just off the top of me head! The list grows faster than the stuff gets done.
Had a day off so, now just need to sort out the drawers and side gate. Getting there.

Nothing incomplete, just a few not started.

Replace the porch floor. Got the flooring in the shed
Decorate the study
Decorate one of the bairn's bedrooms

Got a few jobs to do outside, like cut the grass, weed the veg patch, get my courgettes planted out and clean + oil the garden furniture. I could probably get the outdoor stuff done easily in one weekend, but the weather looks nice and I'm off camping instead.

Bit weeding, clear out the garage and fix a toilet flush (for which I've had the parts sat on the toilet windowsill for a fortnight for a job that will take literally 5 minutes).

Need to change a built in oven really but seems like a chew on.

Garden needs doing as the blackberries have spread across the back door so that it can't be opened.

Need to reseal round the bath.

Have to complete the booster stage of my Lego Apollo Saturn V - about 80% done so far.

Spent yesterday decluttering - 2 tip runs and waiting for a scrappy to come and get a knackered multi gym. Lawn needs cutting but mower was a casualty of knackered multigym(dropped on it and smashed the fucker) so now on the look out for a new mower.

Anyone got a battery powered mower? Any good?

I've been looking at paving, an arbour and have been drooling over angle grinders.

Well that's no good. You'll just flick spit everywhere

Garden needs doing as the blackberries have spread across the back door so that it can't be opened.

Need to reseal round the bath.

Have to complete the booster stage of my Lego Apollo Saturn V - about 80% done so far.

NICE :D

Last edited:
Having finally gotten round to rehanging the living room door the other day I find the list as long as it ever was :(

Repaint the bannister
Replace a light fitting
Install outside lighting
Sand down the kitchen and bathroom doors
Hang pictures in the bairns room
Reseal the frame of the combination doorset at the back
Weeding and sowing of new grass seed
Fit new kitchen sink

Replace the garage door, flooring, guttering & rerender the walls of it

I hate DIY :mad:

The list never seems to end. Having a job stops me from getting all sorts of things done.

The list never seems to end. Having a job stops me from getting all sorts of things done.

Same here. Some of it is that I enjoy DIY, gardening and was wanting to do a bit more with wood working by starting with a couple of small tables. I just don't have the time. Along with a few other hobbies, I hope I still have that interest in doing so many things with I retire in 20 years time.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back