How many DIY jobs do you currently have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So you'd pay someone else to do even the smallest jobs?

Depends what you count as a DIY job.
I cut the grass myself, but that is just a normal household chore, and would assemble some flat pack, but I won't paint or decorate etc.
Could do it and have done in the past but time is more important than money, so don't want to spend days off work doing daft jobs when somebody else could be doing it and me watching the telly.
The mrs bought a key rack to go up in the hall way nearly two years ago, which I just keep putting off. Waste of 10 minutes when we don't need it.

I cut the grass myself, but that is just a normal household chore, and would assemble some flat pack, but I won't paint or decorate etc.
Could do it and have done in the past but time is more important than money, so don't want to spend days off work doing daft jobs when somebody else could be doing it and me watching the telly.
The mrs bought a key rack to go up in the hall way nearly two years ago, which I just keep putting off. Waste of 10 minutes when we don't need it.
:lol: fair enough then, I like my key rack mind!

I like the way you say "Time is more important, I could be watching the telly"! I prefer to do lots of things and have various projects on the go, so that I don't end up watching crap on tele.

Got another job now...I'm a f***ing reet tit... got a couple of water butts and a water diverted kit to attach to the drainpipe, should be easy. Got to work on it, cut the pipe and then realised the down pipe wasn't attached properly at the top. Managed to get it wiggled in to reveal the bit I cut out was now too big, went to b&q and got a connector, tried to fit this and then the full down pipe moved and the f***ing elbow from the guttering has fell off so the bastard thing has been left for another day when I can get a set of ladders to sort it. Fucked it right up was our lasses words!

Got at least 5 on the go at the minute, the main one being the bog that's been out of action for about a week and a half, I did put up some curtains after 3 years of nagging though!
Shit loads. Off the top of my head:

Replace some rotten decking in the back
Source, buy and hang a louvre door for the boiler cupboard
Replace double socket in the kitchen
Fix shed door
Replace drainpipe on utility room
Fit new pipes/traps to the diswasher/washing machine waste pipes
Fix new lock to the cloakroom door
Replace s-bend under the bath

Shedloads of jobs.

It's worse at Christmas when I'm off work for 10 days and I find more and more work to do. We put off a lot of non essential cosmetic jobs as there's better things to do in life.

We are up to date because he's had a blitz, and I didn't nag him at all. Honest.

The wifey next door asked if my lawnmower was broke today.
Just moved it from Sunday's to do list to a fortnight time just to piss her off.

Started the patio project and felled a tree that was getting too big.

Also aerated the front lawn with some aerator sandals, but got wrong off the eldest for "marching up and down the lawn and looking like an utter pillock" :lol::lol: Rain forecast Monday so I'll chuck some Evergreen on it tomorrow night.

Just finished grouting & sealing my drive, cracking job, well happy!
Just wish I could finish the bog project & stop it pissing water everywhere!

Finished building the Apollo Saturn V, replaced the missing light bulbs throughout the house. Didn't get round to changing all the clock batteries and putting them all at the right time, but you have to leave something for good manners.

Did manage to get to Dancing Bettys twice today!

Moving house Friday and lost count of the amount of tip runs I have done over the last 3 weeks. Not looking forward to the next couple of weeks of moving and building furniture. Hate it with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back