How has this strange season been for your club

LCC

Seconds reached semi final of round robin cup only lost one game with one to play
Firsts narrowly missed out getting to final round mainly due to a two run defeat
Sunday team would have qualified for semi but beat by the weather in the final game
Academy some great performances by the juniors with a very young captain

Considering we didn’t think a ball would be bowled at one point a quite enjoyable season

LCC

Seconds reached semi final of round robin cup only lost one game with one to play
Firsts narrowly missed out getting to final round mainly due to a two run defeat
Sunday team would have qualified for semi but beat by the weather in the final game

Considering we didn’t think a ball would be bowled at one point a quite enjoyable season
Have quite enjoyed the format. Reckon 45 overs Win/lose cricket should become the norm next season.

Have quite enjoyed the format. Reckon 45 overs Win/lose cricket should become the norm next season.
Will never agree to "win/lose" cricket. In these games the strong teams win and the weaker teams lose. There is no incentive/need to take a wicket, it is always about runs and that is half the game.
A few years ago in the County League teams like Tudhoe and Kimblesworth were smashing 400 off 45 overs. The games were over at half time. Neither team needed to take a single wicket to win the game and take all the points. There is nothing more boring than a game like that.
You will lose players from weaker teams.
Captains have to enjoy the challenge of taking 10 wickets. Different bowlers, different field placings etc,etc.
Cricket is about scoring runs AND taking wickets.

LCC

Thowt it was just group winners straight into a final.....?

Anyway, on your question - canny, both First and Second XI’s look good to win their group.

Will never agree to "win/lose" cricket. In these games the strong teams win and the weaker teams lose. There is no incentive/need to take a wicket, it is always about runs and that is half the game.
A few years ago in the County League teams like Tudhoe and Kimblesworth were smashing 400 off 45 overs. The games were over at half time. Neither team needed to take a single wicket to win the game and take all the points. There is nothing more boring than a game like that.
Captains have to enjoy the challenge of taking 10 wickets. Different bowlers, different field placings etc,etc.

Absolutely spot on

Lack of teas and shorter intervals as a result - big thumbs up from me.

I think the shorter games have been enjoyable but the top division(s) of the DCL etc need to be longer and involve the draw again once things normalise. Otherwise there’s going to be a big jump to the NEPL.

Also, if the rumours are true of junior cricket being in coloured clothes next year I think it’s poor.

Fully agree with this, makes games much more interesting.

As for teas, just scrap them and take your own bait. Saves a load of hassle for the home team and let’s be honest is much more hygienic.

Last edited:
Ordinarily I’d agree as I actually quite like batting for a draw(suits my game!).
However I play 2s and in the last 4 seasons we havent had a single draw in the games we’ve played.
1st teams at the top end of the leagues will still want timed cricket but really can’t see many in second team cricket wanting it.

I haven’t missed teas at all which is surprising as I’m a fat bastard :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Ordinarily I’d agree as I actually quite like batting for a draw(suits my game!).
However I play 2s and in the last 4 seasons we havent had a single draw in the games we’ve played.
1st teams at the top end of the leagues will still want timed cricket but really can’t see many in second team cricket wanting it.
Never let anybody down you mate

The League I am in play until 26th September - Half a season. One team promoted and relegated. There has been some good cricket. They delayed the introduction of Duckworth-Lewis-Stern until next season. I like the idea of scrapping teas.

No Evening League

Back