How has this strange season been for your club

Agree with most of the opinions already said - win/lose is shit in league cricket, as are coloured kit and orange ball, teas haven't been missed, and the earlier finishes have been good so will hopefully mean earlier starts going forward.

Both our teams have plate semi finals this weekend, at Newcastle and Tynemouth respectively.

Lack of teas and shorter intervals as a result - big thumbs up from me.

I think the shorter games have been enjoyable but the top division(s) of the DCL etc need to be longer and involve the draw again once things normalise. Otherwise there’s going to be a big jump to the NEPL.

Also, if the rumours are true of junior cricket being in coloured clothes next year I think it’s poor.

Some DCBJL clubs played in colours this year, I know the league said if clubs wanted to play in colours it wasn't a problem.

Littletown 2s get home advantage next week in the semi finals after our win against Hylton today - made hard work of knocking off 145 7 down.

Nee idea how my body will react to a potential double weekend......

Littletown 2s get home advantage next week in the semi finals after our win against Hylton today - made hard work of knocking off 145 7 down.

Nee idea how my body will react to a potential double weekend......

What’s the crack with your 1’s mate? Semi Final?

Bizarrely, this has been the first season I have really missed club cricket - retired about 3 years ago and sold/gave away/chucked out all my cricket gear. Haven't so much as turned my arm over, or picked up a cricket ball. Really miss the feeling of being out on the pitch this summer.....

Bizarrely, this has been the first season I have really missed club cricket - retired about 3 years ago and sold/gave away/chucked out all my cricket gear. Haven't so much as turned my arm over, or picked up a cricket ball. Really miss the feeling of being out on the pitch this summer.....
I turned 40 this year and have been thinking about how many seasons i can still play. Then this lockdown happened and it gave me an insight as to how it would be without cricket. Now thinking fuck that. I’d miss the crack too much with me mates that I play with.

I turned 40 this year and have been thinking about how many seasons i can still play. Then this lockdown happened and it gave me an insight as to how it would be without cricket. Now thinking fuck that. I’d miss the crack too much with me mates that I play with.
I retired at 41 (I think) as the back really couldn't stand up to even 4 overs of gentle off spin and it just wasn't worth the 4 or 5 days of pain post-match. I DO miss it though

DNECL Finals Weekend
Semi Finals to be played 19/09/20 with 1pm start time
Frank Lees
Brandon 1st XI v Hylton 1st XI
South Shields 1st XI v Mainsforth

RH West
Littletown 2nd XI v Langley Park & Bearpark 1st XI
Beamish & East Stanley 1st XI v South Shields 2nd XI

Robert Dunnett
Brandon 2nd XI v Seaham Harbour 2nd XI
Ryhope 2nd XI v Kimblesworth 1st XI

Finals to be played Sunday 20/09/20 at the following grounds with a 1pm start time.

Frank Lees - Ryhope CC
RH West - South Shields CC
Robert Dunnett - Brandon CC

Guessing Brandon 2XI will have to play their Semi Final fixture at Seaham Harbour

Back