House Sale Completion Time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

you’ll be getting that sorted then ?

Well thats the thing. What do we sort? We will hopefully get to see the report. We suspect it'll just say something like. Possibility of Asbestos in roof. Surveyor covering himself. Old couple have panicked and ran without wanting to discuss anything. Sickening.
My buyer changed his solicitor on Friday about a month after the sale was agreed 🙄

We'll be lucky to be moved by Xmas now I would have thought.

Im amazed anyone ever moves house. So many things to go wrong.
It’s obviously safe. People just panic when they see it.

Fingers crossed the next lot get a basic survey. 😎

You had similar before?

Last edited:
Well thats the thing. What do we sort? We will hopefully get to see the report. We suspect it'll just say something like. Possibility of Asbestos in roof. Surveyor covering himself. Old couple have panicked and ran without wanting to discuss anything. Sickening.

You had similar before?
No, I imagine most people would pull out TBF. It’s an expensive business to get rid of it properly.

You had similar before?
Not planning on moving for 20 years now

We had it come back in the survey when we bought this place. Asbestos in the roof tiles of the shed and "possible" asbestos in the ceilings with it some of them looking like they could be artex.

If you leave it undisturbed it's not causing a problem.

We had part of the dining room ceiling fall in cos it's old and shite and had to get that tested with it being possible artex. £50, no asbestos, jobs a good'un.

Pull out without even discussing it though? Seems unfair. I havent seen the report mind so maube its worse than we think.
Well people are arses, like you say, I’d at least try and have a chat.

The problem has been created by the English house buying process. The whole process is flawed.

Well people are arses, like you say, I’d at least try and have a chat.

The problem has been created by the English house buying process. The whole process is flawed.

I was saying to the wife, for something as big as this, If you move the goalposts for any reason you should have to put it in writing with full reasons and explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back