House Sale Completion Time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out they cannot complete until somebody pays or it is ripped up FFS

Madness. Especially for something as basic as decking. At least the buyer has agreed to pay - the decking will be worth more than that to them, so it's the obvious solution.

House prices will drop like a stone next year.
Negative equity will reappear.
They’ve said that before and rarely happens , prices often stall but overall over long period of time property prices tend to rise at a rate above inflation

Worry for most if somehow post Brexit triggered into rate rises , Many young kids are taking out ridiculous size mortgages Thinking almost zero interest rates have always been the norm

Last edited:
They’ve said that before and rarely happens , prices often stall but overall over long period of time property prices tend to rise at a rate above inflation
People always say that too, how long is a long period?

In this area prices are at circa 2008 prices. Compare with inflation since.

Last edited:
House prices will drop like a stone next year.
Negative equity will reappear.
Not showing any signs so far. Plenty of houses are selling a few days after going up.

With the stamp duty break and the mad rush to buy we are almost 10k better off. The way i see it that's 10k the house we are buying can drop by and we would still be in the same position as when we tried to buy it a few month ago.

Not showing any signs so far. Plenty of houses are selling a few days after going up.

With the stamp duty break and the mad rush to buy we are almost 10k better off. The way i see it that's 10k the house we are buying can drop by and we would still be in the same position as when we tried to buy it a few month ago.

These are temporary measures though. Equally you could say it's the thing driving demand.

These are temporary measures though. Equally you could say it's the thing driving demand.
Yeah I think it is. We had our house sold before it came in but lost out on the new house so we pulled out of our sale. Couple of month later the new house sale fell through. Tried to go for it again. Ours sold in 3 days for 5k more thanks to stamp duty break. We also now dont need to pay it so saved there.

If prices drop after march then I can take 10k hit on the house value before I'm any worse off than I was going to be really. I'm not planning another move so short term it doesnt bother me anyway.

Yeah I think it is. We had our house sold before it came in but lost out on the new house so we pulled out of our sale. Couple of month later the new house sale fell through. Tried to go for it again. Ours sold in 3 days for 5k more thanks to stamp duty break. We also now dont need to pay it so saved there.

If prices drop after march then I can take 10k hit on the house value before I'm any worse off than I was going to be really. I'm not planning another move so short term it doesnt bother me anyway.

Yeah, your situation is a perfect illustration of why prices have risen since lockdown.

I think they're shit scared of house prices dropping and will extend the measures.

That happens a lot.

You said long term they go up above inflation, that isn't true of the last circa 15 years.
I would say just over the past 12 month average rises about 10% . Increasing numbers now buying homes to let out also , investment pensions

I would say just over the past 12 month average rises about 10% . Increasing numbers now buying homes to let out also , investment pensions

Over the last 12 years your money would have increased by more in value in a standard savings account.

Aiming for exchange of contracts next Monday. Its took about 3 month for the whole thing to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back