House plants.......

.......House plants, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when I come for you :confused: :lol:

I have 2 house plants, I've just about killed them both sadly and I just need to know where I've gone wrong.

This one has nice green leaves at the top but brown and crispy further down (have I over watered it? under watered it?)

Logon or register to see this image

And this one (supposedly a peace lily but it's brought me nowt but aggro) is limper than limp biscuit's limp biscuit :confused:

https://postimg.cc/0br6x1qH

Can I bring them back to life........

Any advice would be appreciated my loves 😘(apart from "chuck them in the bin, set them on fire" etc etc)

Tip: If your peace lily starts to grow very slowly, and the leaves become increasingly dark green, move it to a brighter location. If, instead, your lily develops brown tips, move it away from any direct sunlight.

I often kill off house plants but have a look at spathiphyllum.

One link

Tip: If your peace lily starts to grow very slowly, and the leaves become increasingly dark green, move it to a brighter location. If, instead, your lily develops brown tips, move it away from any direct sunlight.
There is a massive window opposite the peace lily, so perhaps stick it in the kitchen where it's shadier ?
There is a massive window opposite the peace lily, so perhaps stick it in the kitchen where it's shadier ?
What the hell have you planted that bottom one in? Probably dying of embarrassment
It's a lion wearing a natty gold crown, rah !!!!! :lol:
Actually I think the peace lily needs more light, the leaves are dark green so perhaps I need to move it closer to the window 🤔

Last edited:
I've put a link in for you. I kill a lot of plants but maybe the link will give you more info.
I think my Ma keeps her peace lily in a fairly shady place ( under a mantle piece and away from the main windows). Worth moving it a bit and see if it thrives elsewhere. Check watering info too.

I've put a link in for you. I kill a lot of plants but maybe the link will give you more info.
I think my Ma keeps her peace lily in a fairly shady place (under a mantle piece and away from the main windows). Worth moving it a bit and see if it thrives elsewhere. Check watering info too.
Thank you my love, I'll have a look xx

That first one....check the pot....is there a gold finish to the pot leaching into the soil??

I think I had a pot like that and when I swapped the plant to an everyday pot it was fine. Just a thought.
Hmmm maybe, I don't think I have another pot but I do have a china white vase which may work xx

Broadleaf Palm Lily

Temperature: Ideal temperatures range from 18°C - 26°C. Soil: A well-draining organic-rich potting mix that promotes moisture retention. Fertilizer: Use a well balanced organic fertilizer once a month from Spring through Summer. Pruning: Prune off any lower or discoloured leaves as the palm ages

Last edited:

Back