Hope im wrong again

Status
Not open for further replies.

For the first time since we got relegated a touch of apathy has set in for me. An uninspiring managerial appointment, the players seemingly not putting the effort in or are just simply not good enough, or both. When we went one down in a game last season you were quite relaxed that we'd still get something from the game, this season is the opposite.

Yes I know how long hes been in the job I'm talking about his style of football hes playing through the whole of his managerial career, and as I said I hope I'm wrong

Don't care if we win 1-0 every week and it's absolutely awful, promotion is the aim not attractive football.

SD went for Ross, no experience of this league at all, so had to change this time and go with experience.
It’s early days, chill.
It will take a few games before he finds his feet and gets a system working.
Hopefully he has seen what doesn’t work and doesn’t do it again, something that Ross never seemed to grasp.
Hope your right and he does get it right, also quite nice to get a reply off someone who doesn't agree with what I have said but puts their point across in a civilised manner cheers
Don't care if we win 1-0 every week and it's absolutely awful, promotion is the aim not attractive football.
I would take that aswell, if that's works,

Last edited:
Reactions: TAD
I can see where the OP is coming from ,pure frustration but as with Ross, we will know within 5 games whether things are going to change for the better.

What was he even doing in those four hours of training on Thursday and Friday ? Clearly not the right man if he cant turn it around in 4 hours .......

I Don’t think the OP ever stated that he judged him from that short time. He stated that his opinion of Big Sam was prior to joining us, same for Parkinson. He is discussing his style of play not being suited to us. Why do people assume he is judging him over a matter of days?

I Don’t think the OP ever stated that he judged him from that short time. He stated that his opinion of Big Sam was prior to joining us, same for Parkinson. He is discussing his style of play not being suited to us. Why do people assume he is judging him over a matter of days?
Cheers thanks for actually realising the point I was trying to make and I also stated that I hope I'm wrong

Reactions: TAD
A lot, if not most of our problems stem from the last transfer window. What did SD say. ”We don’t need to spend big this time, we will save the money for the Championship. Conclusion = bullshit.

A lot, if not most of our problems stem from the last transfer window. What did SD say. ”We don’t need to spend big this time, we will save the money for the Championship. Conclusion = bullshit.

That quote was true though.
Luton, Barnsley and Charlton got promoted with very small budgets. Even the Ipswich Manager was complaining in the summer he had very little money. Goals is everything in this league, defending against hoofball is too difficult.
You need to outscore them. Jack Ross to this day never sussed that.
Hopefully with Parkinson’s experience in this division, he will have.

Last edited:
But do we have the players to play hoofball? Isnt that what we've kind of been doing since last season to not great effect?

My honest answer is no. Which is why Parkinson’s brand of football according to what he’s done in the past wasn’t/isn’t a good match for our current squad.

But I think most fans who’ve watched games would agree that we haven’t looked like a team with a plan at all - maybe organised hoofball will be more affective.

We’ve got Watmore and seemingly O’Nein in the mind of Parkinson that will run channels, hoofball doesn’t have to be lump it to a big lump. Think we’ll be turning the opponents back line as often as possible and playing percentages. Then delivering crosses early from anywhere close to the final third when given the opportunity.

Not pretty but Wyke, Grigg & McNulty haven’t been presented with chances at will. At least with the above pattern of play they know where to be and when.

My honest answer is no. Which is why Parkinson’s brand of football according to what he’s done in the past wasn’t/isn’t a good match for our current squad.

But I think most fans who’ve watched games would agree that we haven’t looked like a team with a plan at all - maybe organised hoofball will be more affective.

We’ve got Watmore and seemingly O’Nein in the mind of Parkinson that will run channels, hoofball doesn’t have to be lump it to a big lump. Think we’ll be turning the opponents back line as often as possible and playing percentages. Then delivering crosses early from anywhere close to the final third when given the opportunity.

Not pretty but Wyke, Grigg & McNulty haven’t been presented with chances at will. At least with the above pattern of play they know where to be and when.
If he can get a partnership up front that works I would quite happily play his direct style of football I'm just not sure it suits the style of players we've got , but if he can get them to then I'll quite happily take that

If he can get a partnership up front that works I would quite happily play his direct style of football I'm just not sure it suits the style of players we've got , but if he can get them to then I'll quite happily take that

Think most of us would!

Time will tell as always. Parkinson will have already assessed his options, O’Nien playing so advanced is an indication that he’s recognised the need for more legs higher. Playing Burge demonstrates his homework regarding recent form. But Leadbitter hasn’t got the legs to play in a two.

Early days and with two days prep for a game isn’t fair to judge the full Parkinson experience!

But if he didn’t know before he will know now that there’s no honeymoon or bedding in period!

That quote was true though.
Luton, Barnsley and Charlton got promoted with very small budgets. Even the Ipswich Manager was complaining in the summer he had very little money. Goals is everything in this league, defending against hoofball is too difficult.
You need to outscore them. Jack Ross to this day never sussed that.
We don’t score enough goals. Response has been to sign an injury prone player on loan.

Long term I doubt hes the answer.

Short term he knows the league, has better preparation for the job than Ross and even if he plays direct stuff I dare bet he'll do at least as well as Ross as hes not coming in having managed St Mirren and Alloa for a combined couple of years mostly at piss pot league level.

Hes getting a lot of stick as hes not someone who ignites the imagination, but then until we saw his team play what we heard of Ross done that and it wasnt replicated here.
We don’t score enough goals. Response has been to sign an injury prone player on loan.

True. But then we already had a player who had scored over 20 goals in his last 3 seasons at this level IIRC over 20 in 4 out of five last seasons at this level) and had only been here six months.

I was more concerned about wide options and pace than up front, still am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back