Honeyman

if you took a poll of championship fans asking the question of who was the better player between gooch and honeyman, at least 90% would vote for honeyman. The fawning over gooch only exists in our club's sphere.
Well it would be weird if every Championship team had weekly threads comparing Gooch and Honeyman like some lower league Messi/Ronaldo fan boys.

Gooch is Sunderland player and doing well this season, he deserves the praise, always the first one too get stick when we are doing badly along with 09.

He's not a world-beater but I still think he could do a job for us.

I watched Gooch and Honeyman today and thought I know which one I would prefer in a sunderland shirt (a clue is, it wouldn't be gooch).

I like Gooch but he's a liability for most of the minutes he's on the pitch, one good moment and all seems to be forgiven.

I can name 3 better options at least than Gooch at RB in a back four, his assist came about by him playing as a RWB even though we had four at the back. He plays the same whatever our formation is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never heard any boos , when he was subbed he got decent round of applause from our fans.
Was definitely boos like. :lol:
He's not a world-beater but I still think he could do a job for us.

I watched Gooch and Honeyman today and thought I know which one I would prefer in a sunderland shirt (a clue is, it wouldn't be gooch).

I like Gooch but he's a liability for most of the minutes he's on the pitch, one good moment and all seems to be forgiven.

I can name 3 better options at least than Gooch at RB in a back four, his assist came about by him playing as a RWB even though we had four at the back. He plays the same whatever our formation is.
Gooch was excellent today man. What a bizarre post. If anything, it showed how much we’ve missed him.

Last edited:
To be fair , the journalist James Copley made it very clear Honeyman never wanted to leave Sunderland, he was hounded out of the door by Methuan and Donald in the hope of a fee....

He was shite today but he was a good player for us. He certainly didn’t deserve the boos.
What?

He was one of the few very who tackled hard in both the first and second halves with real body strength. Some of our lot were pathetic in most of the first half, they ran away instead of challenging or slung the ball back to the goalie or out of play when better options were available.

Gooch made a series of excellent passes upfield,either up the line or up to the opposing penalty area. It was a joy to watch them and the attacks that followed them.

What?

He was one of the few very who tackled hard in both the first and second halves with real body strength. Some of our lot were pathetic in most of the first half, they ran away instead of challenging or slung the ball back to the goalie or out of play when better options were available.

Gooch made a series of excellent passes upfield,either up the line or up to the opposing penalty area. It was a joy to watch them and the attacks that followed them.
He may well have tackled hard but he was absolutely horrific on the ball.

Just because a player used to play for us doesn't mean that they are automatically any good, he was horrific today, nice lad but in on a downward spiral

Back