Holiday plans for the rest of the year

Life is just one long holiday with the freshly bachelored Mr @Cow with adventure after adventure. We are looking at lots of trips at the moment but for the long summer my brother is bringing my niece and nephew over so we will be making the most of family time at the lido and playing boules. Thinking of another trip to Ireland, definitely the Lakes again, I'm off with a girlfriend to Porto... lots on

July - Tomorrowland, Belgium.
August - Ibiza for 4 days then a cruise around the Eastern Mediterranean for two weeks.

Just spent the afternoon looking at options for Christmas. Some reasonable prices available now as most people don't think about winter holidays until they get back from their summer hols.

Just spent the afternoon looking at options for Christmas. Some reasonable prices available now as most people don't think about winter holidays until they get back from their summer hols.
Where you thinking?

I'm away at Christmas and found last year the prices dropped a fair bit come October.

June - Rijeka for 5 days Inc a day trip to Trieste (been to a few place in Croatia further south and had a great time, not sure what to expect with Rijeka tbh)

July - Ksamil in Albania, flight to Corfu then ferry over, have just over a week planned spending 2 nights in Tirana at the end before returning

September - Going to a wedding in the Azores for 5 days with a few days in Porto/Lisbon either side

November - Birthday mini-break to Ljubljana and a weekend in Inverness at the end of the month

love cheap Ryanair flights

Spain next week.

amsterdam in a month

visiting the son and family in Alaska towards the end of the year

scattered weekends away in the motorhome in between

loving this early retirement

Got a week booked off 2nd week in Sept looking to get away for a week or 4-5 nights with a few of the lads

Prob just wait and hope a good deal comes up on a site or through travel agent

Any decent sites to keep eye on for last min deals ?

Holiday prices are an absolute joke at the minute
Still some bargains to be had if you've got flexibility.

Six nights in Sofia December £275
Got a week booked off 2nd week in Sept looking to get away for a week or 4-5 nights with a few of the lads

Prob just wait and hope a good deal comes up on a site or through travel agent

Any decent sites to keep eye on for last min deals ?
Skyscanner then Trivago for accomodation

Last edited:

Back