Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

Wish we'd had that option.

Finally got our refund from EJ today - had to take that option because there are no flights out yet for when we want to rebook for next year. Would have been nice to just swap them free of charge. Hopefully, if I can get in straight away when the flights come out, I can get them for around the same price, or less if I'm lucky.
Make sure they re-book your seats anarl . They don't do it automatically .

Still waiting on my Ryanair refund from flights they cancelled in April. I've applied to my credit card company for charge back.
Dunno if it’s been mentioned but legally they must refund you in 7 days. I would apply a bit of pressure. If you can get through to them.

Still waiting on my Ryanair refund from flights they cancelled in April. I've applied to my credit card company for charge back.

I've had to do the same for a flight they cancelled in March. I've responded three times that I want the cash back rather than the voucher option. Finally gone via my credit card. One thing is for certain I'll never fly with either TAP or Ryanair.

Make sure they re-book your seats anarl . They don't do it automatically .
We didn't have seats or luggage booked - I was going to add cases nearer the time when the lasses in the group could decide on how many they wanted. Was also debating on just letting the seats auto-allocate when I checked us in - if you do it as soon as check-in opens you generally get them all together without having to pay anything for the privilege.

Anyway - got in just after they released the flights last Thursday and managed to get them for only £33 per head more than they were last year - not bad considering we've moved from midweek flights in May to weekend flights in June. Happy with that and now just waiting for this Covid bollocks to piss off so we can enjoy a proper holiday.

Edit: - Did a cheeky check last night and the same flights were £80 per person more expensive. :eek: . There're seven in our group so that's a canny saving straightaway.

Last edited:
I can't get through to them! Luckily I don't need the money urgently but it's still the principle.
I only managed to get through to Easyjet after I got my refunds from them - weird that. Almost like they had my number referenced somewhere and knew prior to that that I was going to hassle them about the non-receipt of my money, yet after the refund they suspected I may be going to make further purchases.

Been flying for decades and now you tell that ! Thanks mate that's another £40 saved every time we fly . You're never too old to learn !
I've done it for the last three years in February/March when me and a bunch of lads fly out to Portugal to drink and, occasionally, play golf.

The idea is to get it as cheap as possible so I essentially sit with the EJ website open 30 days prior to flying and wait for the time to countdown to exactly the time the flights were booked (Jet2 provide a handy countdown clock - EJ don't unfortunately). Then just click to check in everyone - it does it's best to keep the whole group together and we've always ended up with seats together.

It's not as important for a bunch of lads, admittedly, as we're not really bothered if it allocates us all over the plane, but if you get in as soon as check in is available there's a better than good chance you and your other half will be seated together.

Might be different during the busier seasons, mind.

I've done it for the last three years in February/March when me and a bunch of lads fly out to Portugal to drink and, occasionally, play golf.

The idea is to get it as cheap as possible so I essentially sit with the EJ website open 30 days prior to flying and wait for the time to countdown to exactly the time the flights were booked (Jet2 provide a handy countdown clock - EJ don't unfortunately). Then just click to check in everyone - it does it's best to keep the whole group together and we've always ended up with seats together.

It's not as important for a bunch of lads, admittedly, as we're not really bothered if it allocates us all over the plane, but if you get in as soon as check in is available there's a better than good chance you and your other half will be seated together.

Might be different during the busier seasons, mind.
Always worked for me with easyJet, Ryanair had us spread all over the plane.

I'm finding it difficult to rent a car from Alicante at anything other than rip off prices . I usually use Rentalcars off airport and it's usually about £3.50 to £4.00 a day . It's a long term rental so I'm prepared to break the hire time into 2 periods to avoid the "long term" rip prices . The lowest I can find id £8 a day and £6.50 a day for a shite dinky car 6.9.20 until 24.10.20. Any ideas ?

Had an easyJet flight from Gatwick to Preveza cancelled yesterday for mid August, allowed us to change to the next day for same price, also had an advanced train ticket getting us to Gatwick from Edinburgh booked, National Rail allowed the change to the next day also but charged £10 admin fee (feel that way alright as it was bought using split ticketing, so was 2 tickets changed) could have been worse, return flight stays the same - hopefully no more disruptions 🙄

Last edited:
Had an easyJet flight from Gatwick to Preveza cancelled yesterday for mid August, allowed us to change to the next day for same price, also had an advanced train ticket getting us to Gatwick from Edinburgh booked, National Rail allowed the change to the next day also but charged £10 admin fee (feel that way alright as it was bought using split ticketing, so was 2 tickets changed) could have been worse, return flight stays the same - hopefully no more disruptions 🙄
Is that for Parga Town mate ?
Went couple year back , great place

Is that for Parga Town mate ?
Went couple year back , great place
Will be! visiting a few places in that region (staying with relatives in Arta) so Parga Town definitely on the schedule, also south of Preveza to Lefkada, agreed lovely parts of Greece

Last edited:
I'm finding it difficult to rent a car from Alicante at anything other than rip off prices . I usually use Rentalcars off airport and it's usually about £3.50 to £4.00 a day . It's a long term rental so I'm prepared to break the hire time into 2 periods to avoid the "long term" rip prices . The lowest I can find id £8 a day and £6.50 a day for a shite dinky car 6.9.20 until 24.10.20. Any ideas ?

I was using Record Go over the winter in Palma. Paid less than €1 per day. Low season obviously but I believe they operate out of Alicante.
Maybe worth a try.

I was using Record Go over the winter in Palma. Paid less than €1 per day. Low season obviously but I believe they operate out of Alicante.
Maybe worth a try.
Doing it now mate ta .
Maybe worth a try.
Just rip off on line quotes available at the moment but thanks anyhow .

Last edited:
Phone them. See if they’ll do a deal?
I did manage to speak to nice blerk at Record Go . He could only offer the same shit that's on their web site but did intimate that better deals would be available nearer the time . This heartening news but means I have to hope that the attractive flight deals available now are still there in September .

I did manage to speak to nice blerk at Record Go . He could only offer the same shit that's on their web site but did intimate that better deals would be available nearer the time . This heartening news but means I have to hope that the attractive flight deals available now are still there in September .
Personally I’d gamble and get the flights booked if they’re a good deal now then go for the cars at the time. If it’s out of peak season there’s always deals to be done.

Worst case, book it to get you to your destination then you can haggle with the locals when you’re there.

Last edited:

Back