Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

EasyJet, really impressed paid £300 for 4 about 9 month ago, changed for free to flights to Tenerife that would be £1200
Wish we'd had that option.

Finally got our refund from EJ today - had to take that option because there are no flights out yet for when we want to rebook for next year. Would have been nice to just swap them free of charge. Hopefully, if I can get in straight away when the flights come out, I can get them for around the same price, or less if I'm lucky.

Wish we'd had that option.

Finally got our refund from EJ today - had to take that option because there are no flights out yet for when we want to rebook for next year. Would have been nice to just swap them free of charge. Hopefully, if I can get in straight away when the flights come out, I can get them for around the same price, or less if I'm lucky.
Yeah I thought I was reading it wrong until I got confirmation of the change. I will definitely use easyJet in future, very good service.

No problems at all with our refund from Jet2.
By all accounts they've been much more proactive and easier to deal with than EasyJet. I like them - always found their flight times to be spot on but in recent years EasyJet have beat them hands down on price and also upped their game re flight times.

EasyJet have been a real ballache to get a refund from and if Jet2's prices were more competitive I would prefer to use them, but I'm booking for a large group and keeping the price down is a big consideration.

still waiting for full holiday refund from Jet2, was due to fly 7th July so early days,but also waiting for a Paris via Eurostar refund from early May...starting to boil my piss that one.

Government to underwrite all atol credit notes to try and generate a bit of confidence.May make refunds even slower if you want one though

Where is all this money coming from ? Do they have a magic money tree ? It all has to be paid for , why should I pay for someone else's holiday etc etc ;)

Last edited:
Our annual golf trip became a bit of a chew on with delaying tactics from YGT. regarding the refunds for eight of us.

Anyway we all agreed to let them roll it over for next year on the agreement of £1000 credit against food and drink at the hotel.

£25 pp per day , all of us are happy with that.

Government to underwrite all atol credit notes to try and generate a bit of confidence.May make refunds even slower if you want one though

Where is all this money coming from ? Do they have a magic money tree ? It all has to be paid for , why should I pay for someone else's holiday etc etc ;)
Aye, saw this. A little too late after everyone has cancelled. 🤷‍♂️

Least I know my AirFrance credit note is safe.

It is a hell of a magic money tree they’ve found mind. Surely the capitalist way is to put the burden on insurance companies and cast those who can’t afford the policies to the winds?

There’s some hellish future bills being kicked down the road without as much as a murmur. You’d have thought the PPI frothers would have been straight on it.

It is a hell of a magic money tree they’ve found mind. Surely the capitalist way is to put the burden on insurance companies and cast those who can’t afford the policies to the winds?

There’s some hellish future bills being kicked down the road without as much as a murmur. You’d have thought the PPI frothers would have been straight on it.
I think we should be planning for high rates of inflation ahead.

We are flying to Spain from Scotland on the 17th August. As Scotland is still quarantining people travelling from Spain does any know if thats means my holiday could be cancelled or I could cancel it? For avoidance of doubt I live in Sunderland.

ive tried contacting love holidays but can’t seem to locate their live chat facility which is how they are currently dealing with queries.

We are flying to Spain from Scotland on the 17th August. As Scotland is still quarantining people travelling from Spain does any know if thats means my holiday could be cancelled or I could cancel it? For avoidance of doubt I live in Sunderland.

ive tried contacting love holidays but can’t seem to locate their live chat facility which is how they are currently dealing with queries.

Back