Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

That will be me in couple weeks then , my flights are late July , to Italy .
As you say in no mans land at moment . I’ve heard nowt from Easyjet yet mind

Is the credit definitely 12 months ? Their summer flights for 2021 come out early August so could use vouchers to book for next summer ?
You have to book within 12 months, but your flight can be later

It’s probably worth speaking to BA now as the chances are that flight will go ahead.

At the minute most big airlines are offering vouchers or change of date free of charge. Better than losing the cash on a two week jaunt with no parks I assume.
They won't do anything for October yet, they are only dealing with people up until end of August.

They won't do anything for October yet, they are only dealing with people up until end of August.
Ah shite. I’ve said it a few times on here but they’re going to draw the line somewhere and some people are going to end up shafted. Either with a flight they don’t want or to a destination where there’s nothing happening.

My brother flew to Krakow the weekend of the Polish lockdown. Jet2 had fulfilled their obligation but there was literally nothing open for them. A waste.

Ah shite. I’ve said it a few times on here but they’re going to draw the line somewhere and some people are going to end up shafted. Either with a flight they don’t want or to a destination where there’s nothing happening.

My brother flew to Krakow the weekend of the Polish lockdown. Jet2 had fulfilled their obligation but there was literally nothing open for them. A waste.
Yeah that's a real possibility, in that case I reckon we'd just hire a villa for two weeks and just chill. Hopefully there will still be flexibility from the airlines but as you say they're will be a cut off.

Absolute worst case is I'm £2k down for 4 flights, it wouldn't ruin me so as long as we're still healthy that's the most important thing.

It's paid on credit cards, got long standing travel insurance but God knows if they would help at that point.

We shall see

Yeah that's a real possibility, in that case I reckon we'd just hire a villa for two weeks and just chill. Hopefully there will still be flexibility from the airlines but as you say they're will be a cut off.

Absolute worst case is I'm £2k down for 4 flights, it wouldn't ruin me so as long as we're still healthy that's the most important thing.

It's paid on credit cards, got long standing travel insurance but God knows if they would help at that point.

We shall see
I think it depends on your insurance. Some insurance covers you if the FCO advise against travel however if the airline offers a voucher then the travel insurance won't pay out. In terms of credit cards then if the flight is going ahead then you can't claim as the airline have fulfilled their obligation.

Got my refund voucher from Tui yesterday, 1 week after they cancelled my flight due to depart on June the 13th. Applied for a cash refund straight away online, we’ll See what happens next i guess, they say up to 4 weeks. Will believe it when my cash lands.

Update; Got notification from Tui today that they have processed the refund back to my credit card, hasn’t hit yet but if it does thats been amazingly quick, 11 days after i got my refund voucher.

Just had an email from Loveholidays confirming I will be getting a refund and I am now in the queue.

Once this money goes back onto my credit card, are the credit card company obliged to deduct any interest that was charged on this transaction? It happened with the flights just not sure if it is required.

Just got my £177 back from cottages.com. They are completely useless the cottage owner phoned me & told me they had cancelled all her bookings as she told them she was gonna stop using them next year.
I spent 85 mins waiting on phone 4 them then they said she had cancelled.
On a plus point my holiday would of been £707 but owners just give me same week at £560.

My sons and his mates meant to be going to Benidorm tonight. Flights refunded/rebooked a while back but accommodation/booking.com still not budging on refund - hotel offered a voucher for 12 months but the lads won’t be able to use it. Have started the chargeback process with the Credit Card we used to book it for them - assuming for now that we won’t get anything back but worth a go

Update; Got notification from Tui today that they have processed the refund back to my credit card, hasn’t hit yet but if it does thats been amazingly quick, 11 days after i got my refund voucher.

Got my refund the day after my update above, feared a long wait but in the end they were very efficient. I have £2700 on my credit card now, does anyone know if there's a free way to get it back in my bank account?

Last edited:
Got my refund the day after my update above, feared a long wait but in the end they were very efficient. I have £2700 on my credit card now, does anyone know if there's a free way to get it back in my bank account?
I had the same with the flights I’d booked for lads. Had paid on credit card and refunded to credit card so I had to find the cash. I’m not worse off obviously but just a pain.

You can use PayPal but not sure about an amount of that size.

Just had an email from Loveholidays confirming I will be getting a refund and I am now in the queue.

Once this money goes back onto my credit card, are the credit card company obliged to deduct any interest that was charged on this transaction? It happened with the flights just not sure if it is required.

I`m booked with Love Holidays to go on the 23rd July. I guess it might happen, it might not but i`ve got a £1200 payment to make on the 9th july which i`d rather not make if i wasnt going anyway :lol:

Looked at re-arranging my flights (Ryan Air) as when i was rooting about on the love holidays site it said that you had to change flights direct with the airline and then go back on there to sort accommodation. Found that if i was to go at a similar time next year the flights are around £100 cheaper. Result ! I thought get in....however all the bloody fees for changing mean I`d have to tip up 500 odd quid extra :neutral:

when were you due to go away mate ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back