Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

First review is due 29th June, can't see them being lifted then and it's three weekly so would be too late for me the next time. Hopefully will allow others to travel on holidays if they can though.
They need the summer holiday season to kick start the economy. Not just us, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece ... The R rate will be massaged to suit the case for relaxing the quarantine to countries outside our main European holiday destinations.

Politics ultimately trumps science as we have seen time after time.

👍

think the only thing you might hate to worry about is legally they don’t have to refund you cash wise till 14 days after the day you were supposed to fly so they could play on that but think that would be pointless
Chargeback on debit cards is not a legal obligation of any form. It's only a good custom service thing.

They need the summer holiday season to kick start the economy. Not just us, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece ... The R rate will be massaged to suit the case for relaxing the quarantine to countries outside our main European holiday destinations.

Politics ultimately trumps science as we have seen time after time.
Sorry I meant relaxing the quarantine from our main European destinations. They’ll keep it for the 1 flight a month from some obscure African country.

Chargeback on debit cards is not a legal obligation of any form. It's only a good custom service thing.

not talking about chargeback there mate WhatI’m saying is by law holiday firms had to process refunds within 14 days of the day you were supposed to fly obviously a lot couldn’t so there was a little movement

Tui emailed our refund credit, £4K if we want our cash back or £4,800 towards a new holiday. Just going to hang on to it until the end of the year then decide.
If we take cash my wife will blow it on magic beans or some shit

Im due flight delay compo off jet2 off a flight last year. I put me complaint in early march had an acknowledgement e-mail back and nowt else. I hope they dont think they can suddenly forget about things that have nowt to do with covid19.

Im due flight delay compo off jet2 off a flight last year. I put me complaint in early march had an acknowledgement e-mail back and nowt else. I hope they dont think they can suddenly forget about things that have nowt to do with covid19.
I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’d claim, but this sort of stuff has probably had a worse impact, long term, than COVID. The fines seem disproportionate to the disruption IMO.

Anyway. Rant over.

I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’d claim, but this sort of stuff has probably had a worse impact, long term, than COVID. The fines seem disproportionate to the disruption IMO.

Anyway. Rant over.
Yep i agree the system is flawed. Compensation should be paid on an individual basis in my opinion but i suppose that is more time taking. Me and the mrs were delayed 18 hours, due home early hours saturday got back saturday teatime. I missed a home game the mrs missed a family wedding in Peterborough where she had a hotel booked. People on the same flight simply got home 18 hours late but are entitled to the same compo as us.

We've got fights for October to go to Florida, and a holiday booked through Disney with accommodation, tickets and dining.

Disney seem to be on the ball and have already offered cancellation without penalty.

Flights are with BA, so just have to wait until closer to the time and hope they are still offering either vouchers or refunds.

I know it's months away but Disney won't be back to normal in October, worst case is probably fights go ahead and have to do two weeks in Florida without the parks.

We've got fights for October to go to Florida, and a holiday booked through Disney with accommodation, tickets and dining.

Disney seem to be on the ball and have already offered cancellation without penalty.

Flights are with BA, so just have to wait until closer to the time and hope they are still offering either vouchers or refunds.

I know it's months away but Disney won't be back to normal in October, worst case is probably fights go ahead and have to do two weeks in Florida without the parks.
It’s probably worth speaking to BA now as the chances are that flight will go ahead.

At the minute most big airlines are offering vouchers or change of date free of charge. Better than losing the cash on a two week jaunt with no parks I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back