Holiday at home says the Government

Obviously everyone thinks differently, but I think foreign holidays should be out of the question for the remainder of this year. Focus on getting our country back to a normal life.
The vaccines were supposed to do that, it feels like every time we start to get near the end these idiots in charge fuck it up. Going to take years to get back to normal at this rate.

The vaccines were supposed to do that, it feels like every time we start to get near the end these idiots in charge fuck it up. Going to take years to get back to normal at this rate.

Maybe wait until the population is fully vaccinated then, would that be something you'd agree with? All I know is I deem it pointless going away this year. I don't know at what point the country would be fully vaccinated, I'd like to think before the end of the year.

Problem is, when the country is fully jabbed, others won't be, so still run the risk of bringing the virus back with you. Ideally the whole world needs to be fully jabbed before allowing foreign travel, but I realise how long that could take.

Going to take years to get back to normal at this rate.
Yes. You're in the middle of global health pandemic with likely 8m people dead from a virus we didn't know existed 18 months ago. You don't know how lucky you are. It's not over just because you want it to be.
But still less restrictive that what we have now when the vast majority of those most at risk are vaccinated

Maybe we learned a lesson.
Problem is, when the country is fully jabbed, others won't be, so still run the risk of bringing the virus back with you. Ideally the whole world needs to be fully jabbed before allowing foreign travel, but I realise how long that could take.

This.

I reckon countries will ban entries if you visited certain countries within the last 14 days.

And international connections will be a thing of the past for a while.

Last edited:
people must be boring as fuck if they think they can't have a good holiday in this country, just for one year.

unless it guaranteed hot weather you are after of course, but its still not bad through the summer

prices are going to sky rocket for anywhere that is freely available, whether that is at home, portugal, spain, greece.. etc.. until the whole world is reopened.

go camping, go to scarborough or whitby or blackpool. go to a zoo or theme park. go to a city. go go-karting or some shit

i guess most people just see a holiday as 2 weeks on a hot beach, kids playing in the sea or at a water park, going to boring restaurants on the strip to eat chips and generally just moping about

As of 6th June 2nd doses were at 53% and first at 76.8%. Unless you are including children that is over half way.
My mistake, I was look at Our World In Data and that was last updated on the 5th which was a little under 50%, I think.
Oh, I think we're learning a lesson alright.

That the people in charge (not overly sure who that actually is at the moment) are making this up as they go along.

Of course.

Like every Government in the world.

Back