Hogwarts Legacy

Can't help but being cautious on this one. Avalanche Studios have made mothing of this magnitude - nothing anywhere near. I hope they've pulled it off but I'll be keeping hold of my £70 until the reviews start landing tomorrow.

Decent reviews, few 9/10's I'm seeing.

No preload on PC which is what I'm getting it on, but fortunately have gigabit internet so shouldn't take too long to download it tonight at midnight.

Hoping there'll be decent mod support for this as well.

Don't think I've ever been this excited for a game.

Seen a lot of Youtubers are starting to make content around it but after seeing a few of the trailer videos and gameplay showcases I don't want to see anymore. Don't want to see anything about the story and just want to experience the game first hand for myself and not be shown how massive the open world is beforehand.

Tomorrow night after finishing graft can't come quick enough!

Has anyone else bought this game through Steam?
Just worrying a little because I paid £60 for the digital deluxe edition, but on steam it looks like it's saying I've just bought the original one and saying the release date for it is the 10th, so I might not get the 3 days early access.

The bairn is excited for tomorrow bless him, I'll enjoy watching him explore - no doubt he'll be wanting to avada kadavra everyone the lunatic :lol:. He reckons the reviews have been canny, it better be bloody good 😊......haway !!
Has anyone else bought this game through Steam?
Just worrying a little because I paid £60 for the digital deluxe edition, but on steam it looks like it's saying I've just bought the original one and saying the release date for it is the 10th, so I might not get the 3 days early access.
Oh dear, I'd double check - sure there are extras with the deluxe so if they're missing you've been had my love 😔

Last edited:
The bairn is excited for tomorrow bless him, I'll enjoy watching him explore - no doubt he'll be wanting to avada kadavra everyone the lunatic :lol:. He reckons the reviews have been canny, it better be bloody good 😊......haway !!

Oh dear, I'd double check - sure there are extras with the deluxe so if they're missing you've been had my love 😔
Yeah there definitely is extras but if it turns out they've gave me the wrong edition then I'll be straight on to them tomorrow so should be no issue.

Yeah there definitely is extras but if it turns out they've gave me the wrong edition then I'll be straight on to them tomorrow so should be no issue.

Check your purchase history to be sure, but mine says the same, that it doesn’t release until 10th even though I’ve pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

Also, the game doesn’t release on Steam at midnight tonight the same as console versions, doesn’t release on Steam until 6pm tomorrow (7th), which is a bit shit.

So I bought this initially on PC, changed my mind and got a refund, thinking I'd get it on Xbox Series X instead.

Played it for a couple of hours on Xbox and not particularly keen. It either looks amazing in Fidelity mode but the frame rate is terrible, or doesn't look amazing in Performance mode but with a higher frame rate. I'd prefer best of both worlds which I don't think I'll get on Xbox.

So I've got a refund on that and I'm switching back to getting it on PC instead.

I also wasn't keen on the FOV on xbox, which I'll likely be able to change on PC.

Back