Hogwarts Legacy

Fred

Winger
Anyone who is as much of a Harry Potter world nerd as I am thinking about getting this?

Just watched some of the trailers again and some tours of the common rooms and I'm dead excited to play an open world RPG in the Potter World.

Gonna be getting the Deluxe Edition which I usually don't do for games as it gets some perks that I have absolutely no idea what they will do but they sound quite cool 🤣

Anyone who is as much of a Harry Potter world nerd as I am thinking about getting this?

Just watched some of the trailers again and some tours of the common rooms and I'm dead excited to play an open world RPG in the Potter World.

Gonna be getting the Deluxe Edition which I usually don't do for games as it gets some perks that I have absolutely no idea what they will do but they sound quite cool 🤣
I've never read or watched Harry Potter but the game does look appealing to me for the fantasy stuff I enjoy in games. I think it could be made better if I watch the films and read the books as I'd imagine I'd feel some nostalgia playing in locations from the original material.

I've never read or watched Harry Potter but the game does look appealing to me for the fantasy stuff I enjoy in games. I think it could be made better if I watch the films and read the books as I'd imagine I'd feel some nostalgia playing in locations from the original material.
See I've read the books a few times and watched every film at least 30 times, so there is definitely nostalgia for me.

I can't wait for this. Probably the only game I'll ever get on pre-order disc with the deluxe edition (buy standard digital mainly).

See I'm such a Harry Potter nerd I'm half way to a full HP tattoo sleeve on my right arm.

Comes out 4 days before I go on a 3 week holiday so I’ve got the dilemma of getting it on release but then having to leave it or wait until I’m home and risk spoilers :lol:

I'll be getting it to play with the bairn who is obsessed with HP and Hogwarts. I reckon most important of it will be over my head but it looks great.

I must admit I’m tempted. I did love HP as a kid but lost interest as I got older. The game has piqued my interest though. I’ll wait for some reviews before committing.

Any idea if this is true open world or more linear? Definitely tempted to get it.
Yeah definitely open world. I don't know how far that open world goes but you can at least travel as far as Hogsmeade and probably quite a bit further after watching the Gameplay Showcases on YouTube. Quite a few of the action scenes look like they are set away from Hogwarts as well so might possibly be able to travel using the floo network or disapparate to certain wizarding locations.

Yeah definitely open world. I don't know how far that open world goes but you can at least travel as far as Hogsmeade and probably quite a bit further after watching the Gameplay Showcases on YouTube. Quite a few of the action scenes look like they are set away from Hogwarts as well so might possibly be able to travel using the floo network or disapparate to certain wizarding locations.
Only thing is it’s the devs of that Mad Max game, which was “alright”, but a bit empty for open world, and I worry this might be the same.

Otherwise, I’m canny excited for a licensed game

Only thing is it’s the devs of that Mad Max game, which was “alright”, but a bit empty for open world, and I worry this might be the same.

Otherwise, I’m canny excited for a licensed game

It's actually not even them, that was Avalanche Studios, I thought Mad Max was canny.

It's Avalanche Software who are making this, they did Disney Infinity and Cars and not a great deal else.
Not sure why that has put a load of spaces in between my sentences :lol:

Last edited:

Back