HMRC - newcastle city centre

But won’t loads drive to long Benton but won’t be the parking space in city centre
There’s only 1500-2000 parking spaces there as far as I know. And given that the revenue is doing part weeks working from home there’d only be about 500-750 of those in on any one day. It simply isn’t an issue.

While i do agree to that to some extent, i dont think the infrastructure in newcastle can take much more.

Its a ball ache getting in and out on the roads, the busses are full and the metros are dropping to bits.

The whole infrastructure in the north east has been left to stagnate and it doesn't seem fit for purpose. Unless you are travelling outside of work hours.
Couldn't be fucked working through and commuting there everyday.

10 minutes from New Herrington to Sunderland for me each day, 15/20 minutes on a evening

While i do agree to that to some extent, i dont think the infrastructure in newcastle can take much more.

Its a ball ache getting in and out on the roads, the busses are full and the metros are dropping to bits.

The whole infrastructure in the north east has been left to stagnate and it doesn't seem fit for purpose. Unless you are travelling outside of work hours.
The entire metro fleet is getting replaced in just over a year.

One way you could look at it though is someone in Newcastle could easily never leave Newcastle in the North East and live easily. Someone outside Newcastle would seriously struggle to never go into Newcastle unless they're doing it for some form of weird principal whether that's for catching a plane, watching gigs or using a train.
<<<<<this is a weird analogy

No but Everytime I am back it looks worse and worse - like I say the square and that are nice but it's window dressing there's nowt to encourage businesses to set up there - what shops are there? What decent bars/restaurants? The place is basically closed from 6pm

Newcastle's not much better apart from the architecture tbf.

Hope they improve the metro if 9000 extra people going into city centre

The new trains in should be in place by then plus that MetroFlow project will be sorted.

They say 9,000 but how many of them will be hybrid and just officially based at Newcastle? Imagine less than that will actually be in the office most days.

The problem the region has is it’s full of regional xenophobia and none of the areas will work with each other, when central govt come calling and they can’t agree with each other, why would central govt even deal with them.

personally believe our city and transport leaders are inept. Full of old labour heads like Martin Gannon who has managed to fuck up Gateshead beyond belief.

But won’t loads drive to long Benton but won’t be the parking space in city centre

Tbh it has potential to reduce the number of people using the Metro. Longbenton is pretty much only accessible by Metro and anyone local cannot get a parking space there. In Newcastle people are likely to just bus it if they're coming from most places who would otherwise have changed onto the Metro at Gateshead for example to get to Longbenton.

This is vital like. It couldn’t cope before COVID so will be worse then if things don’t change

Why when you could go to Newcastle?

I always fly from Edinburgh when I go on holiday. Having to go in school holiday time, we go in the last couple of weeks in August as Scotland kids have gone back to school and it costs around £1,000 cheaper to fly from Edinburgh than Newcastle for our family of 4.

Not really that bad of a drive either.

I always fly from Edinburgh when I go on holiday. Having to go in school holiday time, we go in the last couple of weeks in August as Scotland kids have gone back to school and it costs around £1,000 cheaper to fly from Edinburgh than Newcastle for our family of 4.

Not really that bad of a drive either.
:lol:

Jesus. Honestly what’s the point. Can’t be arsed with this.

Hope they improve the metro if 9000 extra people going into city centre

I did the Metro for 6 months before lockdown and they were packed every morning and night.

Not sure how they can improve as they can't add more carriages as they would be too long for the platforms and they must already be restricted with frequency as the trains also use the lines, certainly between Sunderland and Newcastle. Do they share the lines in Tyneside?

Back