HMRC confirm they over billed Rangers oldco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is one almighty oversight

"oversight" suggests it was an accident.

someone from within HMRC spent their days feeding Celtic-minded journalists and blogs information. Information that was clearly based on fuck all.

forgive me for wondering whether this "oversight" was accident..

How much will this attempted reclamation of unpaid taxes cost the tax payer?

You are probably talking as close to the alleged unpaid tax due back to oldco...

Potential league titles, Cups and European football. Thats a shit ton of money to lose out on. Their lawyers will have a field day with this and rightly so if its all true. Loss of earnings and the damage to their image, they'd sue for at least £100 million i'd imagine.

Potential league titles, Cups and European football. Thats a shit ton of money to lose out on. Their lawyers will have a field day with this and rightly so if its all true. Loss of earnings and the damage to their image, they'd sue for at least £100 million i'd imagine.
Damage to their image? I don’t think anyone’s claiming the offences weren’t committed just that the sums weren’t done correctly.

Now if only we could get that nice Mr Hill and his PFA solicitors to take the stand and read from their sworn avadavits (sp?) from players of all other 91 FL clubs circa 1957.

Last edited:

Not really. Rangers aren’t saying they didn’t use these schemes just that the amounts being claimed are wrong.

Shouldn’t they have had their own accounts that checked over this when they were presented with the bill?

(just a question, I know nowt about this stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back