History of the football boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't remember the make of the first pair of boots I had (perhaps Adidas), but I remember them having far too many studs on them. When we played on a muddy pitch, which was just about every game, the boots would feel like lead weights because they soon accumulated a massive clod of earth attached to the bottom. They were torture to clean after the match as well.

I started with Adidas, then Alan Ball white boots followed by George Best with the side lacing. All decent boots but with my feet the most comfortable were Patrick
I had a pair of moulded plastic studs boots as Thornhill had an all weather type pitch, that was rock solid. We played inter house games on it. The grass pitch was for school team games v the likes of bede , st Aidan’s, monkey house etc
In the mid 70’s I remember my Gola league footy boots at Broadway Juniors. Some of the older kids had Pumas with a big tongue and aluminium screw in studs, I was so envious. My brother had a pair of Stuburts ,does anybody remember them? Great days...

In the mid 70’s I remember my Gola league footy boots at Broadway Juniors. Some of the older kids had Pumas with a big tongue and aluminium screw in studs, I was so envious. My brother had a pair of Stuburts ,does anybody remember them? Great days...
Loved to clean my boots, unscrewing every stud, then replacing them. No idea if players today are that conscientious with their boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back