Hire car v test drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember I needed a courtesy car when mine was in for repair ages ago. Bastards gave me a pero dua. Could have picked it up and carried it around under my arm. f***ing laughable things.

Test drive a car with no intention of buying so you have transport for a couple days.
Ah.
Who said we have no intention of buying?

Anyhow, I was only asking for opinions, I've also heard of cars that you can just pick up from various locations and drop off when finished, bit like bikes.

Rental cars.com weren't much help, and I don't live particularly near a car hire centre. Need a car for two days. Likely in the market for a new car but don't want to buy one in the next few days. Wondered if tieing in a test drive might work but decided against it by post number 2.

Hardly pikey behaviour.

Ah.
Who said we have no intention of buying?

Anyhow, I was only asking for opinions, I've also heard of cars that you can just pick up from various locations and drop off when finished, bit like bikes.

Rental cars.com weren't much help, and I don't live particularly near a car hire centre. Need a car for two days. Likely in the market for a new car but don't want to buy one in the next few days. Wondered if tieing in a test drive might work but decided against it by post number 2.

Hardly pikey behaviour.
Carry on Donna Marie

The right thing to do is hire a car for a day.

The garage has to pay for that car and it’s a sales tool, not for people to use as they want.

Frijj makes some good points plus not all manufacturers offer a 24 hour test drive and even if they do they’ll be unhappy if you whack loads of miles on it.
This company does weekend aways and five day test drives for used cars...hertz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back