Hidden gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spent the day in a little town in Kent called Deal. Absolutely lovely, as were the surrounding areas. Highly recommend it if you ever find yourself on the south coast. Probably the first place I’ve visited in Kent that wasn’t a complete let down.

Any more?

Shitloads all over Britain and Ireland.

Deal is nice.

Others I've really liked...
Whitstable in Kent
Wye Valley
Lymington in Dorset
Salcombe in Devon
Barmouth in North West Wales

Care to share them with us?

Too many to mention mate, but the British Isles is full of outstanding nature, landscapes, sky lines and pubs. We're lucky to have it.

North Yorkshire, Durham, Northumberland, Cornwall, Devon, pretty much any county in whichever country in the British Isles.

There was a village called Piddle in the hole near where I grew up. The bastards took its name of public Maps to avoid ridicule.

Spent the day in a little town in Kent called Deal. Absolutely lovely, as were the surrounding areas. Highly recommend it if you ever find yourself on the south coast. Probably the first place I’ve visited in Kent that wasn’t a complete let down.

Any more?

Eyam in the peak district. Canny walk to the boundary stone & decent pubs for a pint afterwards: -

Eyam - Village - Visit Peak District

Any more?
A day is enough tbh. Booked a weekend there years ago. Too long. The highlight was the bridge being lifted.

Ross Back Sands. The best beach in the world.

Park at the hamlet of Ross in Northumberland. Walk about a mile and a half over farmland and sand dunes. Then you have masses of soft golden sand with views of Lindisfarne at one end and Bamburgh Castle at the other. It's usually quiet so you can have loads of beach all to yourself. So peaceful and relaxing.

Park at the hamlet of Ross in Northumberland. Walk about a mile and a half over farmland and sand dunes. Then you have masses of soft golden sand with views of Lindisfarne at one end and Bamburgh Castle at the other. It's usually quiet so you can have loads of beach all to yourself. So peaceful and relaxing.
Is it nudist friendly?

Is it pooch friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back