Hetty feather on bbc kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

I presume you know that black people existed back then. Were integrated into society because well you they are human, the Royal Navy was he first world power to actively fight slavery. Lots of British sailors died in horrible little actions off Africa as the slavers had nothing to lose. Oh and aye it’s a f***ing kids program.

I presume you know that black people existed back then. Were integrated into society because well you they are human, the Royal Navy was he first world power to actively fight slavery. Lots of British sailors died in horrible little actions off Africa as the slavers had nothing to lose. Oh and aye it’s a f***ing kids program.
I think he was only joking marra

I assume that you are American with the spelling of the final word.

Please remember that the British empire abolished slavery a lot sooner than the USA.

I am more than aware that there was a black population in Britain but I doubt that any school in the late 1800s was comprised of 20% non white people.

Ratio of non whites may be wrong, but seeing as it's set in late 1800s London, it may not be too out of whack. There were black sailors on the Victory, and they're on the panels of Nelson's column. It's not beyond imagination that some may be in an orphanage.

A ginger, though,......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back