Here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re in league 1. To the rest of the country we’re irrelevant.
To be fair, even in the premier League we were irrelevant to the majority of the country. That is the basics of the football pyramid in this country. The talk of Project Breakaway referred to the big 6 and then "the others". We are miles away from even being included in "the others" which should indicate how small fry we are to anyone outside our own fanbase.

Also, this obviously applies to every champ club and other league 1 club. I'm not saying it as some sort of anti-Sunderland jibe.

If the conmen still remain a holding in our club they will continue to be slagged off by most SAFC fans, and we will certainly never see them up here again.

As i said on another thread there is not a single chance two of our directors who are huge Sunderland fans are going to sit back and allow Rodwell to go on an official club podcast and tell a lie of that magnitude regarding a takeover happening / being close

To be fair, even in the premier League we were irrelevant to the majority of the country. That is the basics of the football pyramid in this country. The talk of Project Breakaway referred to the big 6 and then "the others". We are miles away from even being included in "the others" which should indicate how small fry we are to anyone outside our own fanbase.

Also, this obviously applies to every champ club and other league 1 club. I'm not saying it as some sort of anti-Sunderland jibe.

Very true. The championship still retains some passing interest due to its competitive nature and of course the pathway to the premier league.

League 1 however is the footballing wasteland- you‘ve even got to scroll to some obscure tv channel that shows a highlight reel between DIY shows and gardening programmes.

Yet here we are three years later and counting ........

Would we be happy with a takeover if Donald is still a stakeholder? I mean, what is he offering? He doesn't seem interested at all.
Great point-at the moment he's still in charge and no care or communication with fans or his " good friends in the media " -these are his true colorist-we don't want him if he's not interested in dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back