Henderson to lead England in Euros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford, with sterling and sancho playing off

Rashford is not a centre forward though. He has scored 18 of his 19 goals this season when playing on the left of the front three.
His style doesn't suit Southgate's system. Southgate on record as saying we ask something different of Rashford when he plays there.
It takes away his effectiveness and doesn't play to his stregths at all.

Rashford is not a centre forward though. He has scored 18 of his 19 goals this season when playing on the left of the front three.
His style doesn't suit Southgate's system. Southgate on record as saying we ask something different of Rashford when he plays there.
Nice to see someone gets it.

That's why we should play Tammy.

"Southgate's system" :lol: I'm just hoping he makes a silly comment about genderfluids being punished for past lives me. With both him and Kane out of the picture we could have a real chance.

The Kane situation is very much like the Shearer one (only we had a far superior group of strikers in the Shearer days), it doesn’t matter how unfit or out of form he is there’s a massive pressure to play him regardless of the form of the other players.

Imagine how many caps the likes of Phillips, Wright, Cole, Fowler etc would have had if they weren’t playing at the same time as Shearer.

The Kane situation is very much like the Shearer one (only we had a far superior group of strikers in the Shearer days), it doesn’t matter how unfit or out of form he is there’s a massive pressure to play him regardless of the form of the other players.

Imagine how many caps the likes of Phillips, Wright, Cole, Fowler etc would have had if they weren’t playing at the same time as Shearer.

Blaming Alan Shearer for Ian Wright not getting caps is an odd one to mention. Made this England debut in 91, aged 28 and got 33 caps. Shearer wasn't an England regular until 93/94.
In 93/94 and 94/95 and 95/96, Shearer, Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand were all scoring more than Wright. Wright played in the qualifying for France 98, but didn't make the squad. He got 2 more caps after that at 35.

Also weird blaming Shearer for the lack of caps for Kevin Phillips. KP had one season in the top flight before Shearer retired from international football.

Also weird blaming Shearer for the lack of caps for Kevin Phillips. KP had one season in the top flight before Shearer retired from international football.
Ans during that season Keegan played Phillips on the left wing to accommodate Shearer. In the season he was European Golden Boot winner. Barely got a sniff at the Euros so Shearer could get his glorious “farewell”.

I take your point on Wright, but the point I was trying to make is we had at least half a dozen top strikers between 1992 and 2000 and none of them could dislodge Shearer which is why I said “the likes of”, they were just names off the top of my head.

I think its nightmare if he's not fit for the Euros. His record has him right up there with the best goalscorers in the world and any side would miss that.

Proof please.

the benefit of the 3 i quoted is you get to play a more fluid front three - much like Dortmund do

Blaming Alan Shearer for Ian Wright not getting caps is an odd one to mention. Made this England debut in 91, aged 28 and got 33 caps. Shearer wasn't an England regular until 93/94.
In 93/94 and 94/95 and 95/96, Shearer, Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand were all scoring more than Wright. Wright played in the qualifying for France 98, but didn't make the squad. He got 2 more caps after that at 35.

I blame Shearer for us going out in '98.

Nowt but a hindrance in an England shirt that bloke. Nee coincidence that once he was gone we started looking like a proper side.

Ans during that season Keegan played Phillips on the left wing to accommodate Shearer. In the season he was European Golden Boot winner. Barely got a sniff at the Euros so Shearer could get his glorious “farewell”.

I take your point on Wright, but the point I was trying to make is we had at least half a dozen top strikers between 1992 and 2000 and none of them could dislodge Shearer which is why I said “the likes of”, they were just names off the top of my head.

Shearer still scored 23 the season Philips got 30 like so its not like the England captain was out of form.
I blame Shearer for us going out in '98.

Nowt but a hindrance in an England shirt that bloke. Nee coincidence that once he was gone we started looking like a proper side.

Done alright in Euro 96 like.

Last edited:
Proof please.

the benefit of the 3 i quoted is you get to play a more fluid front three - much like Dortmund do

I've looked the line ups for the games in which Rashford has scored and assisted. I've watched him play on the left, Martial in the middle and James or Greenwood on the right, and thought I'd ivestigate it properly, and it turns out he is far more effective playing on the left. All the information is there if you want it.
You're welcome to prove me wrong.

I have a football stats/live scores app which has all that information in, can't provide a link, but you'll probably find it via whoscored or footybase or transfermsrkt

Hate to say it but this is the best thing that could happen to England - if Kane wasn’t so selfish, we’d have gotten to the final at least in the WC. Think we’ll really benefit from the absence of Captain Stat Padder

Hendo has already proven he’s a born leader and a winner. The fact they gave it to Kane in the first place was ludicrous.

Best captain in Europe is our Jordan
Only on the SMB and possibly an Arsenal website , could you find someone happy that England may have lost possibly the best number 9 in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back