Heckingbottom

I just don't see him doing anything above what I'd expect. To me we need to be looking for our version of Robins at Coventry, to become the main man here, is that Heckingbottom?

I think there is a whole world of head coaches to choose from. Let's take a chance on someone who hasn't failed multiple times, rather than looking at the old managerial merry go round.

Don't get me wrong if he's appointed I'll keep an open mind, won't be looking for reasons to slate him.

Edit: Mowbray was different as well, he was an emergency appointment for a newly promoted club, and he had a reputation for good football and working with youth.
Yeah but Robbins hasn't done anything 'unexpected' either. They are a solid Championship club which is probably about their level. Everywhere else Robbins went before, was very mediocre.
Don’t know why this post is still running, I’ll say it one more time so everyone knows. From the horses mouth,
HES NOT COMING
Whether he is coming or not doesnt stop people from discussing whether or not he'd be a good fit. It's a discussion forum, by the way.

Last edited:

Yeah but Robbins hasn't done anything 'unexpected' either. They are a solid Championship club which is probably about their level. Everywhere else Robbins went before, was very mediocre.

Whether he is coming or not doesnt stop people from discussing whether or not he'd be a good fit. It's a discussion forum, by the way.
Robins took over when they were in L2 though mate, and they've played in about 3 stadiums that weren't theirs!

what’s the point though, even you must be able to see that you goon

Thought he did a very good job at Sheffield U as they werent very good, but folk want a bit of inspiration after the Beale debacle which is fair enough and he isn't that. Would hardly be the end of the world though.
Talks probably very brief. Speakman “The salary we’re offering is …. Hello Paul, Paul ?

He hangs up before hearing the wage? Sounds rude.

I just don't see him doing anything above what I'd expect. To me we need to be looking for our version of Robins at Coventry, to become the main man here, is that Heckingbottom?

I think there is a whole world of head coaches to choose from. Let's take a chance on someone who hasn't failed multiple times, rather than looking at the old managerial merry go round.

Don't get me wrong if he's appointed I'll keep an open mind, won't be looking for reasons to slate him.

Edit: Mowbray was different as well, he was an emergency appointment for a newly promoted club, and he had a reputation for good football and working with youth.
Just saying he’s also succeeded a couple of times too

what’s the point though, even you must be able to see that you goon
What's the point of trusting some random guy on here ( you) that he has a 'mutual mate' with Heckingbotham. Do you expect people to suddenly end all discussion on this topic just because of what your so called mate reckons? You may well be telling the truth but I can discuss what I like, with whoever I like, on here, thank you very much.
They were a mess. He's took them from nowhere to a penalty kick from the PL. It's not too much different to getting Sunderland into the PL.
He has done a very good job but Coventry are way better than a league 2 club so it's not unexpected. Phil Parkinson has just had back to back promotions and 'six' promotions in total. Arguably better than Robbins. Would you take him back?

Last edited:
What's the point of trusting some random guy on here ( you) that he has a 'mutual mate' with Heckingbotham. Do you expect people to suddenly end all discussion on this topic just because of what your so called mate reckons? You may well be telling the truth but I can discuss what I like, with whoever I like, on here, thank you very much.

He has done a very good job but Coventry are way better than a league 2 club so it's not unexpected. Phil Parkinson has just had back to back promotions and 'six' promotions in total. Arguably better than Robbins. Would you take him back?

Like a shit 1970’s record stuck on repeat you like.

The name 'Coventry' might look more normal in the Championship than L2, but they had some of the worst owners in the country, no stable home ground and hadn't had a top 6 finish in any league for something like 50 years. That was the situation Robins found in 2017, not a stable upper L1 club like Barnsley or a parachute payment Championship club like Sheffield United.

I do think Parkinson is a decent manager as he's proven at Colchester, Bolton and Bradford. Wrexham I think it's to be expected that they won 2 promotions, they'll probably be easily top half budget wise in L1. No I don't want him back, was never the man for us.

I want someone too good for us, the only way to do that is get them in early in their career and have them improve us. Kieran McKenna at Ipswich style.

The name 'Coventry' might look more normal in the Championship than L2, but they had some of the worst owners in the country, no stable home ground and hadn't had a top 6 finish in any league for something like 50 years. That was the situation Robins found in 2017, not a stable upper L1 club like Barnsley or a parachute payment Championship club like Sheffield United.

I do think Parkinson is a decent manager as he's proven at Colchester, Bolton and Bradford. Wrexham I think it's to be expected that they won 2 promotions, they'll probably be easily top half budget wise in L1. No I don't want him back, was never the man for us.

I want someone too good for us, the only way to do that is get them in early in their career and have them improve us. Kieran McKenna at Ipswich style.
They are all fair points.

Back