Heckingbottom

Is he really worth the sacking of Mowbray?

Regardless of the disaster of Beale and the “plodding” of Dodds.
Maybe not but I doubt we could attract anyone better.
I can only judge him off of what I saw him do at Hibs, which was naff all. He's not good enough for Sunlun imo. I don't think he's coming here anyway.

The next appointment is a huge one for us. The club needs to show its ambition/intent with the next Head Coach. I imagine the stumbling block for Still will be Dodds/Proctor staying on the coaching staff.
Got Barnsley and Sheff Utd promoted. 2 different teams promoted is a decent achievement mind.

Last edited:

Relax lads it's not happening. He would've got my backing if appointed but he's not who we want. Don't ask me who we want as I don't know but I have been told by my mates that know him very well that it's a no go
I'd agree. It would be madness appointing him in the summer when he has been available since the Beale sacking. We'd have wasted months of his preparation. Unless the hope was for Dodds to excell and land the job permanently, whilst monitoring Hecky's availability in the event that Dodds did crap? Who knows?

He got Barnsely and Sheff Utd promoted. Very good achievement. Who can you realistically suggest that's better than Hecky?
Ok. Let’s break it down. Good and bad.

Barnsley. He took over as caretaker mid February after Johnson left for Bristol C and with the club just outside play offs. Won the play offs doing a similar job to Alex Neal for us.
Next season he finished 14th after a poor second half of the season. The following season he signed a rolling contract in Feb only to leave controversially days later for Leeds with Barnsley struggling in 21st.

Leeds. Sacked after 16 games losing half of them and only winning 4. Bielsa took them up following season.

Hibs. Sacked after 32 games with them 3rd bottom.

Sheff Utd - interim. Lost 8 of the 11 games in the Premiership. Didn’t get the job

Sheff Utd - manager - An excellent record in the Championship taking them to the play offs and promotion in his two seasons, albeit with a very experienced and strong squad.

Very poor premiership record for a second time. Sacked beginning of Dec with the club bottom with only 5 points from 15 games including an 8 nil home defeat to the mags.

His combined Premiership record with Sheff U is 14 points from 26 games.

If we get Heckingbottom then he’d get my full support, and hopefully he’d be a steady enough pair of hands, but I’m not having it that we couldn’t do any better.

Last edited:
Ok. Let’s break it down. Good and bad.

Barnsley. He took over as caretaker mid February after Johnson left for Bristol C and with the club just outside play offs. Won the play offs doing a similar job to Alex Neal for us.
Next season he finished 14th after a poor second half of the season. The following season he signed a rolling contract in Feb only to leave controversially days later for Leeds with Barnsley struggling in 21st.

Leeds. Sacked after 16 games losing half of them and only winning 4. Bielsa took them up following season.

Hibs. Sacked after 32 games with them 3rd bottom.

Sheff Utd - interim. Lost 8 of the 11 games in the Premiership. Didn’t get the job

Sheff Utd - manager - An excellent record in the Championship taking them to the play offs and promotion in his two seasons, albeit with a very experienced and strong squad.

Very poor premiership record for a second time. Sacked beginning of Dec with the club bottom with only 5 points from 15 games including an 8 nil home defeat to the mags.

His combined Premiership record with Sheff U is 14 points from 26 games.

If we get Heckingbottom then he’d get my full support, and hopefully he’d be a steady enough pair of hands, but I’m not having it that we couldn’t do any better.
Apart from a very small percentage, all managers have patchy records. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But Hecky has good achievements which is encouraging. At least make a reasonable suggestion who we can attract that would be significantly better than Hecky?

Apart from a very small percentage, all managers have patchy records. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But Hecky has good achievements which is encouraging. At least make a reasonable suggestion who we can attract that would be significantly better than Hecky?

Heckingbottom is the best we can do. Ok..

And I see you’ve now changed goal posts from “better” to “significantly better than”.

I can see how this “debate” will go with you. Bowing out…

Last edited:

And I see you’ve now changed goal posts from “better” to “significantly better than”.

Yes and I can see how you still haven't suggested a realistic appointment that would be 'significantly' better. And that's why you are 'bowing out'. See ya.

Not coming so let's just forget him.

No use arguing with anyone mate he's not who we want.

Last edited:
Yes and I can see how you still haven't suggested a realistic appointment that would be 'significantly' better. And that's why you are 'bowing out'. See ya.

“Significantly better”. Sod off with the goal posts changing. Wum :lol:

14 points from 26 premiership games

Sacked from Leeds after 16 games

Sacked from Hibs after 32 games

And walked out on Barnsley a few days after signing a new contract and with the club struggling in 21st

Yes. We definitely can’t do any better.

“See ya”

“Significantly better”. Sod off with the goal posts changing. Wum :lol:

14 points from 26 premiership games

Sacked from Leeds after 16 games

Sacked from Hibs after 32 games

And walked out on Barnsley a few days after signing a new contract and with the club struggling in 21st

Yes. We definitely can’t do any better.

“See ya”
Ah but i thought you were 'bowing out'. But you're back! And still no suggestion who would be 'significantly' better. Seriously mate, just 'bow out'.

Back