Heating costs.......

How much does your heating cost an hour ? I've lowered my flow temp to 59 have a new gas combi boiler. Seems to be costing 1.10 an hour for a 3 Bed Semi.

Just wondering if this is about right or is something wrong ?

Apologies for the boring/show off thread.

Cheers.

How much does your heating cost an hour ? I've lowered my flow temp to 59 have a new gas combi boiler. Seems to be costing 1.10 an hour for a 3 Bed Semi.

Cheers.
What does it cost over say 8 hours?

As one at temperature itll just be clicking on n off occasionally.

Spuff (smb cooling/heating guru).

What does it cost over say 8 hours?

As one at temperature itll just be clicking on n off occasionally.

Spuff (smb cooling/heating guru).
Never has and never will be on for 8 hours mate. Just put it on for an hour when my cats paws turn blue. Admittedly it is on full whack for the hour mind.

Cheers.

I've got my flow set at about 42 degrees and I used 56kw yesterday. Cost £4.50 including the standing charge.

Heating thermostat was set to 20 degrees Celsius all day (wife working from home), until 10pm and 17 overnight.

Last edited:
Normally just blast my heating early morning for an hour then keep it on No2 on my boiler all day, Seems to be the best way for me.

Cheers.

We are on oil as out in the sticks however I have just received an email from EDF that my monthly DD will rise to £180 per month for electric only.
Will be looking into it and buying candles at this rate !!

Would be interested to know what other SMB’rs are being stung.

We are on oil as out in the sticks however I have just received an email from EDF that my monthly DD will rise to £180 per month for electric only.

Holy shit 180 for leccy alone. :eek:
You supplying parts of Swindon without knowing?

Holy shit 180 for leccy alone. :eek:
You supplying parts of Swindon without knowing?

Exactly Mate.
Just found out that Mrs (no) has unplugged the smart metre and stuck it in a drawer Ffs.
Would this have a bearing?
Will get it out plug it in and reset.

My old tariff expired in August and did a few compare sights and the new EDF Tariff still came up as the most competitive.
We are virtually LCD lighting thus making me think.
I am on oil, electricity is £90 a month with OFM, use a bit more during the winter months but a lot less in the summer, so I am always in credit.
Appreciate you posting that.
I have been paying £96 per month and suddenly double.

See my post to ajsafc - Just wondering if the smart meter being unplugged makes the provider having to go with an estimate ?

Last edited:

I'm out in the sticks too. Burning through the oil but with eon next at 125 a month electric only

Exactly Mate.
Just found out that Mrs (no) has unplugged the smart metre and stuck it in a drawer Ffs.

My old tariff expired in August and did a few compare sights and the new EDF Tariff still came up as the most competitive.

See my post to ajsafc - Just wondering if the smart meter being unplugged makes the provider having to go with an estimate ?
Unless she's a qualified electrician I doubt she's done that mate ;)

No doubt has unplugged the monitor that the companies provide. No that won't make a difference unless you are watching it and taking action when you see it's high - i.e. turning off lights etc.

My current Charges are:

Electricity supply

Unit rate

29.74p per kWh

Standing charge

53.96p per day

Would be interesting to see how that stacks up?
Am I paying to light up Swindon and Surrounds or does this sound normal?
Unless she's a qualified electrician I doubt she's done that mate ;)

No doubt has unplugged the monitor that the companies provide. No that won't make a difference unless you are watching it and taking action when you see it's high - i.e. turning off lights etc.

The monitor Mate - thanks for confirming.

Cheers for the top tips, may as well experiment with leaving it on longer.

Exactly Mate.

Yeah how long has it been unplugged?
It looks like they've seriously over estimated your usage

Back