Hearing McGeadys left/walked away from the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was comfortably one of the best players in the league last season and won us many points singlehandedly, the very definition of a match winner. The others are right, he'll be replaced by someone cheap, goals and creativity won't be replaced and we cement ourselves further as a mid-table league 1 club
That was last season, this season he has given us nowt and the other teams have him sussed now. 34 and over the hill even for League 1 coupled with a bad attitude, we dont need him.

That was last season, this season he has given us nowt and the other teams have him sussed now. 34 and over the hill even for League 1 coupled with a bad attitude, we dont need him.

Given us nowt and is still joint top scorer. It probably says more about the dross around him.

He was comfortably one of the best players in the league last season and won us many points singlehandedly, the very definition of a match winner. The others are right, he'll possibly be replaced by someone cheap, goals and creativity won't be replaced and we cement ourselves further as a mid-table league 1 club

Fixed for you, unless you have a crystal ball.

When was McGeady’s last decent game? I think March?

aye get rid then

Christ
Irrelevant to be fair.

He's on a downhill slide with age being a factor. If he's causing problems within the dressing room then get rid. He's got previous form so in my opinion Parkinson has done the right thing.

shock horror

you’re still desperately trying to defend anythung this regime does

haha wtf?

this board man. I’m a mag because I think Phil Parkinson is an absolutely awful manager

what does that make you?

Last edited:
aye get rid then

Christ

shock horror

you’re still desperately trying to defend anythung this regime does

haha wtf?

this board man. I’m a mag because I think Phil Parkinson is an absolutely awful manager

what does that make you?
Howld on. So we’ve got a 34yr old, who’s probably our highest earner behind Watmore, who I don’t think has played well for 9 months, who has been accused of bullying & causing unrest in the dressing room, who has decided its best to move on (mutual agreement) but you want to desperately hold on?

What exactly are you clinging onto here?

I really don't think we do.

Aye because we’ve been keeping that many clean sheets we don’t need any sort of defensive cover from our midfield! In all honesty we do in my opinion, as much as I like Denver Hume he is still raw at this level and can be exposed, Mcgeady standing on the half way line watching as fullbacks and opposition wingers bomb on is not helping like!!! It’s no coincidence Hume looks much better when Gooch has played in front of him as Gooch is prepared to track runners and do donkey work!

We need full backs who can actually defend first.

Fair point!!! think Hume could be a decent fullback but still looks quite raw at this level, that’s why if we are playing him we have to play a mobile winger who is able to track back and help out defensively! Mcgeady is not capable of doing that job, and for all his ability at the minute we need him to work hard and help out which unfortunately I don’t think he’s capable of doing! just my opinion mind and you’ve definitely got a point on the fullback situation!

He was comfortably one of the best players in the league last season and won us many points singlehandedly, the very definition of a match winner. The others are right, he'll be replaced by someone cheap, goals and creativity won't be replaced and we cement ourselves further as a mid-table league 1 club
Last season yes, this season not so much!

Fair point!!! think Hume could be a decent fullback but still looks quite raw at this level, that’s why if we are playing him we have to play a mobile winger who is able to track back and help out defensively! Mcgeady is not capable of doing that job, and for all his ability at the minute we need him to work hard and help out which unfortunately I don’t think he’s capable of doing! just my opinion mind and you’ve definitely got a point on the fullback situation!

Not many wingers do the defensive side, it seems like the CMs slot in to cover in our side, not that works too often. We haven't had two decent full backs for years, like a lot of things really.

Something to do with it being a team game perhaps?

Indeed it is. Not sure why that means the attackers have to track back and help the full backs. Their job is to attack and score/create goals, and depending on the type of football, put pressure on the opposition defenders.
Aye because we’ve been keeping that many clean sheets we don’t need any sort of defensive cover from our midfield! In all honesty we do in my opinion, as much as I like Denver Hume he is still raw at this level and can be exposed, Mcgeady standing on the half way line watching as fullbacks and opposition wingers bomb on is not helping like!!! It’s no coincidence Hume looks much better when Gooch has played in front of him as Gooch is prepared to track runners and do donkey work!

Our defensive cover should come from our central midfielders imo, not our attacking wingers. If our wingers want to help, they can put pressure on further up the pitch and try and stop the opposition attacks exposing our full backs in the first place.

Each to their own though.

Last edited:
Howld on. So we’ve got a 34yr old, who’s probably our highest earner behind Watmore, who I don’t think has played well for 9 months, who has been accused of bullying & causing unrest in the dressing room, who has decided its best to move on (mutual agreement) but you want to desperately hold on?

What exactly are you clinging onto here?
The unpopular opinion

Indeed it is. Not sure why that means the attackers have to track back and help the full backs. Their job is to attack and score/create goals, and depending on the type of football, put pressure on the opposition defenders.

Our defensive cover should come from our central midfielders imo, not our attacking wingers. If our wingers want to help, they can put pressure on further up the pitch and try and stop the opposition attacks exposing our full backs in the first place.

Each to their own though.

Can understand what you mean like, just think we’re playing that poorly and need any help defensively we can get! If we’re playing well like you said you want him in the final 3rd, creating things and putting decent balls into the box! Either way with or without him we’ve got to improve massively on what we’re playing like currently. Just wish we could have come through it with him in the squad!!!👍👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back