I really don't think we do.
last thing we need is another defensive workhorse with no ability

I can’t get some Sunderland fans

imagine where we would have finished last year without this lad

mad
The mismanagement at safc from boardroom to manager is a disgrace

jack Ross did a good job

Last edited:
Most creative player at SAFC in my lifetime. But I trust Parky to make the right decision for the club
Give owa, read some shite on here but that takes the biscuit mind. This forums f*cked
It’s not mate believe me, the manager is 100% correct on this one
Hes a ego inflated divi end of. Done nowt of note since dross left. Glad parkys outed him for the bullying child he is. In a bit

Last edited:
nah

terrible manager, terrible training methods, terrible tactics
Isolating best, creative players

he’s a fuckin lower league dinosaur

mad

jack Ross did a good job

Agreed. We need our attackers to be good at attacking. I don't know what this obsession is with attackers having to track back and help the full backs.

I don't think it's fair to blame Parky for McGeadygate.
McGeady is a skilful player but most on here would agree his star is falling.

McGeady does deserve repect for a good career, but some would also remember the broken footed one was brought on at Wembley as one last desperate measure by Ross; in his brief cameo, every pass he made found a Charlton player; he was off the pace and chasing shadows; he gave away the free kick that led to the Charlton winner.
This season McGeady would be well down the list for player of the season (mind you, it seems they are all fighting to come bottom of the list there).
Is and always has been massively overrated. His nifty stepovers have been found out, he's lost that electrifying burst of speed and to make matters worse he's an awful influence on the youngsters coming through.

So we get rid rid of a player with skill for another league 1 or 2 journeyman... Jesus wept

nah

terrible manager, terrible training methods, terrible tactics
Isolating best, creative players

he’s a fuckin lower league dinosaur

mad

jack Ross did a good job
When was McGeady’s last decent game? I think March?

Or with an alternative view...

We get rid of a 34 year old prima donna on high wages who's past his prime, causing disharmony amongst the squad and replace him with someone who may be young and unproven who wants to succeeed.

Glass half full vs glass half empty perhaps?
He was comfortably one of the best players in the league last season and won us many points singlehandedly, the very definition of a match winner. The others are right, he'll be replaced by someone cheap, goals and creativity won't be replaced and we cement ourselves further as a mid-table league 1 club

Or with an alternative view...

We get rid of a 34 year old prima donna on high wages who's past his prime, causing disharmony amongst the squad and replace him with someone who may be young and unproven who wants to succeeed.

Glass half full vs glass half empty perhaps?
We can’t judge until we know the full extent of our new signings

not quite. He’ll be nearly 36 and has a poor diet.

We should take anything we can get for him. His days performing anywhere near his ultimate capability are long gone, I’m afraid.
Im not afraid, get the rotten bastard out, there wont be any fees involved though, none of our squad are worth owt with the exception maybe of Onien,sad fact.

He was comfortably one of the best players in the league last season and won us many points singlehandedly, the very definition of a match winner. The others are right, he'll be replaced by someone cheap, goals and creativity won't be replaced and we cement ourselves further as a mid-table league 1 club
Equally conceding goals on that side of the field from overlapping opposition fullbacks , isolated fullbacks beaten my wingers, crosses into the box was a weakness targeted by the opposition. He has got quality McGeady but some glaring weaknesses.

Back