Healthy dog put down to be buried alongside owner!!

Ironically, as the NBC article quoted by the BBC says, it's illegal (with very few exceptions) to bury animal remains with human remains in Virginia so, in all likelihood, the dog won't have been buried with the owner.

Suttee or Sati always amazed me,in India when the bloke died the wife used to walk into the funeral pyre and Immolate herself!!!!
Rumour has it, still goes on!! Nowt so queer as folk.

It's really easy to take a cat or dog to a shelter as it's not getting on well with a new baby. I'm amazed a vet was willing to put it down TBH.

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago, my darling cat "stress" peed in one of my slippers because I wouldn't get up at 5:30am on a Saturday to feed her or let her out or give her some bottom stair loving or something. Fortunately, I noticed it was damp before putting it on my foot.
Oh dear! My elderly cats had various toilet issues in their final years. No way was this a reason to have them put to sleep either.

I have no idea what he told the vet - probably some lie or other. If he had told me beforehand I would have taken her, no problem. I have to say when he brought photos of the newborn in, I was more interested in the cat. :)

Oh dear! My elderly cats had various toilet issues in their final years. No way was this a reason to have them put to sleep either.

I have no idea what he told the vet - probably some lie or other. If he had told me beforehand I would have taken her, no problem. I have to say when he brought photos of the newborn in, I was more interested in the cat. :)

TBH, she has had toilet issues but this was deliberate and targeted, as far as I can tell.

Back