Heading over to the Castle Douglas area tomorrow

Briefly visited Castle Douglas for food while staying in the area.
Not too far away is kirkcudbright, pretty little fishing village type of place. People are friendly a couple of decent pubs. Plenty of places to walk the dog along the water's edge, footpaths and beach in the area.

Definitely this for me..Plus about 2 miles outside of Kircudbright along a little coast road to Seaward Bay is a great little beach called Dhoon Bay..You can park your car for free on a big grass field right next to it.Ideal for Dogs,plus there is a coastal path if you want to explore further. ? There's nothing else there like..A toilet block and a few picnic tables in the field..Plus you might get an ice cream van there I guess with it being Easter Weekend..? Imo though it's easily my favourite beach in the whole of South West Scotland.

Kirkcudbright and the surrounding area is a lovely part of the world, fished up there for years.

Definitely this for me..Plus about 2 miles outside of Kircudbright along a little coast road to Seaward Bay is a great little beach called Dhoon Bay..You can park your car for free on a big grass field right next to it.Ideal for Dogs,plus there is a coastal path if you want to explore further. ? There's nothing else there like..A toilet block and a few picnic tables in the field..Plus you might get an ice cream van there I guess with it being Easter Weekend..? Imo though it's easily my favourite beach in the whole of South West Scotland.

This.

Is this on the brighouse bay road or the east side of kirkubright?

Back