Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodnight Hazey lad, another legend has left the building.

and Liz everyone needs their 'rock', you were his, be very very proud.

Two weeks ago, he took the piss out of me cos I said excuse the language (have you seen the blog he he).

Never met him, but I am humbled by an amazing person.

I need a new keyboard, this one is flooded

Bye Hazey RIP, I love you.

Re: While ive been banned.........

I unfortunately never had the please of meeting Hazey, but I sincerely pass on my deepest condolences to his family. By what I have read on here the lad was an absolute legend. The sort of bloke that all of us wish to meet.

What more can I say really...........

R.I.P

My heartfelt thoughts to all his family

Warren Rowell

Not a bloke I had the good fortune to meet or even talk to on here, but you can tell by the response from the posters on here how much everyone thought of him.

RIP Hazey

Im another one who didn't know Hazey but I kept up with the blog for the past few months and he is an inspiration to all, the way he handled it with humour, courage and not a bit of self pity

RIP

"all things shinin''

Last edited:
totally gutted.
my thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.
Thanks for the memories, and hope you're blogging with the angels as we speak.

R.I.P. from El Gen and the Family. :cry:

I've just heard the sad news, I knew Hazey about 10 years ago when I was friends with his Sister (Mel if you read this, it's Paul). I remember going out with him one night, New years eve in 1996 if I remember correctly. He wasn't known as a big drinker then but what a cracking night. Hazey was only young then and I was under strict instructions to look after him.

However, sometime after midnight his sister Mel asked me where he was. I couldn't see him anywhere so I asked my mates. Someone had seen him being put in the back of a police car and then driven away. So now I had some explaining to do, Mel was asking what the hell do we tell her parents.

She decided just to tell them honestly what had happened, however the police had just given him a lift home! I still not sure how he'd managed to persuade the police for a lift.

I'll not mention the other bits of the night, but he was on top form to say the least.

He'll be sadly missed.

Rest in peace mate.

Like most of the people on here I've only known Hazey by reading his blog and the messages he has posted on here, but I feel if I've known him all my life.

A top bloke who had his heart in the right place who will be sadly missed.
My sincere condolences to his family.

Rest in peace.

Vince

Totally Gutted, will miss our private chats Graeme!!!!!!

R.I.P Mate.

I've just heard the sad news, I knew Hazey about 10 years ago when I was friends with his Sister (Mel if you read this, it's Paul). I remember going out with him one night, New years eve in 1996 if I remember correctly. He wasn't known as a big drinker then but what a cracking night. Hazey was only young then and I was under strict instructions to look after him.

However, sometime after midnight his sister Mel asked me where he was. I couldn't see him anywhere so I asked my mates. Someone had seen him being put in the back of a police car and then driven away. So now I had some explaining to do, Mel was asking what the hell do we tell her parents.

She decided just to tell them honestly what had happened, however the police had just given him a lift home! I still not sure how he'd managed to persuade the police for a lift.

I'll not mention the other bits of the night, but he was on top form to say the least.

He'll be sadly missed.

Rest in peace mate.

Great story.

Just checking my PMs and didn't realise I still had one from Hazey dated October 24th.

It's really got to me to be honest.

I am glad it's there though, I will keep it.

RIP Hazey.

You should post what you sent me yesterday.

No I'd feel silly.

You should post what you sent me yesterday.

Ok you twisted my arm This is what I sent to AB22 EASY TIGER whilst the SMB was down

I used to read bits of the RTG message board but due to problems at work at the beginning of 2007 (I didn't want to work in London but preferred Durham) I started to posting on SMB and reading a certain blog. My reaction to these blogs as time went on was something akin to the way I watched Dr Who as a kid frightened, behind a cushion but strangely enjoyable and I'd always come back for more. Things became darker and I wondered how I could help. When Mel set about doing her swim I thought great I contacted people I knew and didn't know and got the swim in the local papers, the match programme and on the Radio. I even got to speak to Graeme, I had to apologise when the reporter in the Sunday Sun said it was terminal cancer. Graeme said it wasn't. He pulled my leg a bit but I got my own back when I followed the link from the Sunday Sun to his blog which talked about his bowel movement and having an enormous crap. I suggested it might put some of his new found fans off. He posted a tongue in cheek apology.

Mid November I went back to work and didn't post much although I saw that the thread on Hazeys blogs was near the top. He'd been so positive in the Oct I didn't think anything of it. In Dec I booked some train tickets for the Spurs game and thought it might be worth dropping him a line and perhaps meeting. I promised to get him a blue slush. On Sunday I logged on and obviously the news was there and I went back over the last couple of months. I dropped Mel a line contacted Charver off skunkers (Nick at the Telegraph) who had been my partner in crime with the papers. I feel quite devastated about someone I have never met but was an inspiration and Mels response made it worse written just 2 days after the death of her brother. The dignity and the bravery of this family is immense.

Mels response

Thanks John the personal message is much appreciated. You did so much to help with the fundraising that I hope you can feel, that in a strange way, you helped provide some of the fabulous care Graeme received from the hospice in his last weeks. Without donations the hospice cannot provide the services that are invaluable to people like my brother.
Mel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back