Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to meet Hazey, just the once, when I met him you could tell that he was really unwell, but throughout the whole evening he kept up the banter without flagging.
It was unfortunate we only met once even though he lived less than half a mile from me.
Once seen certainly not forgotten!!

RIP Graeme

I've been sent 201-236:

http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey201.html

Thanks to HellsBells for that. If anyone has any more of the thread (posts 124-200 and anything from 237 onwards are still missing) and can't host them themselves, let me know.

Ive stared at the screen for 30 minutes thinking of something to type and just can't come up with anything fitting to the Lad.

Top top bloke, Rest in Peace Hazey fella, just make sure the hornets up there are a well drilled team, those phantom sharks are a handful.

Have not been on here for a few days and was gutted to hear about Hazey:cry: I would like to pass on my condolences to his family, he was a truely inspirational fella and i know he will be sadly missed by many people on here.

Think its just sunk in this morning reading his last blog.

Rest easy marra.

It knocked me for six yesterday when i got home and told my mrs, all the tears i'd been keeping back at work came out.

Trying to describe the relationships you build with some people on these boards to people who don't use message boards etc is a hard thing to do, but Hazey was one of lifes best who will be greatly missed by a huge number of people who've never even met the lad - that's a real testament to his wonderful character.

RIP fella.

The one thing I admired most about Hazey was he never said " Why me" he never blamed anyone he just carried on with his fight as best he could. He didn't dwell on the fact the NHS said there was nothing they could do - he went somewhere else. He never gave up hope when the hospital in Germany couldn't do anything he just went back home to see what else was on offer. He never wallowed in his own personal struggle but championed people who smiled at him on the train or was in awe of the MacMillan nurses when I'm quite sure they were just as much in awe of him.
Hazey has had a family unit around him that not everone will experience. The love of a wife that not everyone will know. He's been able to express his feelings & enjoy special times that not everyone will get the chance to do,given the option of living a long healthy life without his family & his wife I'm quite sure I know what option Hazey would have taken.

Rip Hazey, you'll be missed.

What a bloke Hazey was. He has definately changed my outlook on life.

sadly missed

PS

Keep hugging those trees Hazey lad

RIP Greame / Hazey.

a brave, funny man.

one of the most funny things i ever read was hazey 'miracle' pile cream and his 'adventures' in the bog, it gave me a small insight into how he was coping with his illness. brought a smile to my face and showed us all what courage is.

Never got to buy you those pints i owed you bonny lad, gone but not forgotton.

thoughts with HAZEYs friends and family....

never met the bloke but he touched a hell of a lot of people on him with his strength and humour.

an absolute inspiration

Condolences to all family, friends and fellow posters. Clearly a top bloke.

Always ready for a good bit of banter and never let his illness get him down - You'll be missed by many on here even though the majority of us probably didn't know you. Best wishes to your family - RIP.

I know this has already probably been said somewhere else in this thread but ....it doesn't half make you think that when a lad has suffered like this and shown so much courage (in the face of the sort of struggle most of us don't even want to imagine) that the sort of stuff we usually get uptight about ain't really worth a bean in the bigger scheme of things.

We worry about who we might buy ...where players are played on the pitch ..what the recent attendance was like ....whether Keane really is the man to do it in the Prem ..etc. etc. etc. blah. blah. blah. and you know what? what does it REALLY matter when things like this happen to a man and his family? ...a reality grip is no bad thing I reckon

RIP Hazey

Nothing more to say than has already been so eloquently put.
RIP and deepest sympathy to the family.

He was a great lad.

Heartfelt condolences to all hazeys loved ones and all who knew him. Hazey is one of three people I know of who have been taken by this disease in the last week. All under 50 and all great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back