Hawker Hunter flying low over Sunderland now

It’s a noisy bugger whatever it is. There’s seems to be a few circling, either a plane in our space that shouldn’t be there, or a training exercise I would imagine.

I'd just been looking this up to see what it was after I heard it go past. :lol:

Done a few loops over Shields, Sunderland and Durham then headed down the coast.
Heard it aswell, there's a helicopter just off Seaburn aswell on the tracker? Heading North up the coast now.

Last edited:
I didn't know there were any Hunters left flying. I thought the last one crashed on that road in Sussex a few year back. He's obviously having a bit fun whoever is out flying it looking at the radar track.

Looks like it came out of Leeming

Last edited:
I didn't know there were any Hunters left flying. I thought the last one crashed on that road in Sussex a few year back. He's obviously having a bit fun whoever is out flying it looking at the radar track.

Looks like it came out of Leeming
There is a multicolored one that normally flies at the Airshow. Not sure if it's still flying though.

There’s a couple of jets flying out of Tees Valley airport today who have gone up to Aberdeen, circled and came back. I heard another jet which doesn’t appear on Flight Radar so assumed it to be military.

Back