Hawker Hunter flying low over Sunderland now

There’s a couple of jets flying out of Tees Valley airport today who have gone up to Aberdeen, circled and came back. I heard another jet which doesn’t appear on Flight Radar so assumed it to be military.
Are Cobham still based at Tees Valley? Could have been them

There's a big exercise going on this week and next (Cobra Warrior), involving RAF and USAF, usually there's loads of other countries join in but aren't because of Covid. Something like 40 aircraft in the air at once.

Remember the good old days in the 70s and 80s when you often saw military jets flying low on excercises before the noise pollution and health and safety Nazis got their way....

There's a big exercise going on this week and next (Cobra Warrior), involving RAF and USAF, usually there's loads of other countries join in but aren't because of Covid. Something like 40 aircraft in the air at once.
That would make sense. When I looked on flight radar it looked like an awful lot of RAF and USAF planes up in the air.

Six people were spotted breaking Covid-19 regulations by talking to each other without masks & social distancing on Roker beach. The aircraft was dispatched from 1958 to disperse them as part of The War Against Transmission.
Tidied.
I'd love them to get an old lightning back up in the air. By fuck that was a nice looking bit of kit.
Me too. I've seen Vulcans, Concorde and various other fast bastards but never a Lightning. Or a Mosquito, that's another one I'd love to see one day.

Last edited:

Back