Having holidays in UK cancelled as you’re from....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happened to my ma and da, going to Keswick to stay in the skiddaw. Got told they couldn’t come cos they were from Co Durham. They rearranged it to this week but they’ve decided to change it to March. Me and our lass have come for the night no problem other than the full on glass smashing domestic in the room next door.

I’ve never heard of it happening but was taking to someone earlier today who posts on here and they said it was common knowledge that it happens and someone was turned away from lakes for being from Sunderland.
I don’t believe them.
Think you've been had...it was a group of 7 at the lakes near the ski slope...did you think they were turned away from Lake Garda ?Youve been had owa marra
Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant see it being true like. I'm off to the Lakes camping on Monday. Aaked what would happen if we were put in T3 and they were fine. Self contained accommodation they said...and that was T3.

Have you heard of it happening to anyone ?
I’ve no idea. I just heard it had happened and didn’t believe it so thought I’d ask here as loads use this place.
I’ve never heard of it happening but was taking to someone earlier today who posts on here and they said it was common knowledge that it happens and someone was turned away from lakes for being from Sunderland.
I don’t believe them.
Could have basically just had this thread for yourself. Ask if anyone has heard, answer that you have heard it’s happened, then answer that you haven’t heard it’s happened. Wouldn’t have needed anyone else on it 😂

Back in July we were told we had to cancel a cottage booking because there were three households staying and the max was two. They said their insurance wouldn’t cover us if anything went wrong.

The Tier Two rules now say that you can go on holiday to the Lakes but only with people in your household:

You can still travel within high alert level areas to hotels and other guest accommodation, but you should only do this with people in your household or support bubble.

You can still go on holiday outside of high alert level areas, but you must only do this with people in your household or support bubble.”

So Herbal should tell them to piss off.

Could have basically just had this thread for yourself. Ask if anyone has heard, answer that you have heard it’s happened, then answer that you haven’t heard it’s happened. Wouldn’t have needed anyone else on it 😂
So have you heard of it happening ? I have heard not has but still don’t believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back