Haven't seen a thread on this yet. Ryanair tolerates racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate racism, but also hate these videos, no excuse for his behaviour but what happened before anyone started recording?

Honestly looks like the old guy his learning disabilities, if so I don’t agree with recording a vulnerable adult.

Heard the bloke who filmed it on 5 live talking about it.

My first thought was why didnt you grow a pair and intervene or tell the bloke to shut up?

Instead I’ll stand back back and film it.

Can’t get my head around people who’s first thoughts are to film this kind of thing without intervening:neutral:

Agree in principal but someone needs to film it for evidence. In the long run the person filming it will probably get more results than the person who tried to intervene

Hate racism, but also hate these videos, no excuse for his behaviour but what happened before anyone started recording?

Honestly looks like the old guy his learning disabilities, if so I don’t agree with recording a vulnerable adult.

Ryanair did nothing until the footage was uploaded. Without it the outcome would be that certain people can be abused and threatened and nothing will happen because the company in charge doesn't care. It's hard enough to get anyone to take it seriously even with video evidence, given some of the comments on here

Maybe I am. I don't see the old man as a threat and maybe I am underplaying her distress. I definitely would have stepped in if I was on the flight.
Maybe if you were a black 77 year old woman on the flight then maybe you would feel threatened by that man. I`m disgusted about what he`s done and said. There`s no excuse for it all

Maybe if you were a black 77 year old woman on the flight then maybe you would feel threatened by that man. I`m disgusted about what he`s done and said. There`s no excuse for it all
I'm not a 77 year old black woman. In said what he did was unacceptable and if he continued he should have been restrained and removed I just thought he came across as a bit challenged.

I'm not a 77 year old black woman. In said what he did was unacceptable and if he continued he should have been restrained and removed I just thought he came across as a bit challenged.

Not sure if I'm reading this right. What he said was in your view unacceptable, but not quite enough to deserve getting thrown off the plane? It's therefore, in your view, to an extent acceptable then. If the right answer in your view was her to think, "OK this bloke has called me an ugly c**t, a "black bitch" verbally abused me and told me to get away from his seat or he'll physically remove me from his seat row. I'll just sit somewhere else." She moves, no further action requires. You can say quite a lot of sweary nasty things, chuck in a couple of racial epithets and generally be a horrible prick to compel a black person to get out of their seat on mass transit, and as long as you don't take it any further than that there shouldn't be any comeback?

Not sure if I'm reading this right. What he said was in your view unacceptable, but not quite enough to deserve getting thrown off the plane? It's therefore, in your view, to an extent acceptable then. If the right answer in your view was her to think, "OK this bloke has called me an ugly c**t, a "black bitch" verbally abused me and told me to get away from his seat or he'll physically remove me from his seat row. I'll just sit somewhere else." She moves, no further action requires. You can say quite a lot of sweary nasty things, chuck in a couple of racial epithets and generally be a horrible prick to compel a black person to get out of their seat on mass transit, and as long as you don't take it any further than that there shouldn't be any comeback?
How was it in my view to an extent acceptable? That makes no sense. Are you saying that any crime that is not given a full sentence is to some extent acceptable? My view was that the plane did not need to be massively delayed for this old fool who seems a bit challenged. You seem to be saying I found the racist abuse acceptable because I don't agree with you regards the appropriate punishment. What made you the social judge and jury on all things race?

Ryanair did nothing until the footage was uploaded. Without it the outcome would be that certain people can be abused and threatened and nothing will happen because the company in charge doesn't care. It's hard enough to get anyone to take it seriously even with video evidence, given some of the comments on here
Is it tfl racist? Seen plenty of videos of incidents both ways on buses, tubes etc.

Is it tfl racist? Seen plenty of videos of incidents both ways on buses, tubes etc.

Not sure of the point you're making. I didn't advise Ryanair of being racist.

How was it in my view to an extent acceptable? That makes no sense. Are you saying that any crime that is not given a full sentence is to some extent acceptable? My view was that the plane did not need to be massively delayed for this old fool who seems a bit challenged. You seem to be saying I found the racist abuse acceptable because I don't agree with you regards the appropriate punishment. What made you the social judge and jury on all things race?

I was merely querying how something can be "unacceptable" ie not something that should be accepted, if you're simultaneously arguing that no one should do anything about it

I was merely querying how something can be "unacceptable" ie not something that should be accepted, if you're simultaneously arguing that no one should do anything about it
I asked earlier to you what do think should have been done? Delayed the plane for some nasty name calling? Get him arrested when landed? What was his crime? Assault I assume.
I have been in pubs and people have said unacceptable stuff and I have asked them to stop and they have. I didn't get the police to close the pub and get the dickheads arrested for being abusive. Maybe the old lady's family might want to press charges. If they do let the law take it's course.
People are such fannies at times. I'm including you in the group of fannies.

Not sure of the point you're making. I didn't advise Ryanair of being racist.

You know exactly what I mean. Any more pejorative terms you might like to use at this point?

I asked earlier to you what do think should have been done? Delayed the plane for some nasty name calling? Get him arrested when landed? What was his crime? Assault I assume.
I have been in pubs and people have said unacceptable stuff and I have asked them to stop and they have. I didn't get the police to close the pub and get the dickheads arrested for being abusive. Maybe the old lady's family might want to press charges. If they do let the law take it's course.
People are such fannies at times. I'm including you in the group of fannies.

If it's just a bit of nasty name calling in your view (and it does seem to be your view that his behaviour was non-serious), and to want any action taken against him is to be a fanny, how is his behaviour "unacceptable"?

If it's just a bit of nasty name calling in your view (and it does seem to be your view that his behaviour was non-serious), and to want any action taken against him is to be a fanny, how is his behaviour "unacceptable"?
I think the view is that if he is a bit of a retard as he appears then that should probably be taken into account.
If he is just a racist old cockney twat then fair enough - release the dogs.

I know - but it was too big of a temptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back