Have you had your covid19 vaccination yet?

Your vaccination status

• Had the pfizer first jab

Votes: 149 12.0%
  • Had the pfizer second jab

Votes: 170 13.7%
  • Had the AstraZeneca first jab

Votes: 286 23.0%
  • Had the Astra Zeneca second jab

Votes: 295 23.7%
  • Had the Moderna first jab

Votes: 34 2.7%
  • Had the Moderna second jab

Votes: 75 6.0%
  • Had other covid vaccination

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Won't have a vaccination

Votes: 65 5.2%
  • Can't have a vaccination

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Awaiting to be invited

Votes: 156 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Got the AZ first dose Friday morning.... perfectly fine - went straight to work for the day
Saturday felt grand first thing but by afternoon I just felt a bit tired and achey.... back to normal this morning.
Arm a bit achey but I did dig over a couple of potato beds today so it might be that.

Mind you I'm at a loss why people don't turn up after booking, absolutely disgusting. Spoke to the nurse about it and she said some people saying they forgot........... one lady they phoned said she forgot and when asked if they could get down to the surgery said she wasn't sure as she was now in her PJs........ absolutely ridiculous.

I’m at a loss for words. They have had to wait no time at all to have their jab and they still forget they need it done. I have to wait much longer than them to have my jab and can barely think of anything else but when I will have it.

What was it like for you once you got there? Did you have to sit and wait to be called or do they call you as soon as you get in? Like I said I never bothered to find out what happens at these vaccinations because it never had anything to do with me till now. And I am not sitting around for a couple of minutes. No way. I’ve waited long enough. As soon as I go in I would prefer it if I was able to get it done straight away.

I can’t wait till May. I wish it was May now.

Do they contact you to get the jab? I'm in the over 50's so expect I'll be getting it in March.

Yes. But it will be different for me. I have to contact them.

Last edited:
Wife is 61. Not had a letter or text from gp but has booked an appointment at new mass vaccination centre tomorrow via the NHS app which is inviting bookings if you are over 60. Worth trying if you fall in that category and haven't heard anything.

In theory as people get the vaccine the current tally of 347 people (up 1 as I changed vote since learning I will have one soon) will go down and the number of first and second jabs for the various other vaccines will go up. Those who can't and won't ought to stay the same.
EDIT: It's gone down to 346 already.

Last edited:
“Awaiting to be Invited” has gone back up I see to 347. Interesting. I wonder why?

Nobody talks about the Moderna. Only one person has voted Moderna 1st Vaccine and only one person has voted Moderna 2nd Vaccine. I think it is reflected in the voting Moderna has been overlooked.

Last edited:
“Awaiting to be Invited” has gone back up I see to 347. Interesting. I wonder why?

Nobody talks about the Moderna. Only one person has voted Moderna 1st Vaccine and only one person has voted Moderna 2nd Vaccine. I think it is reflected in the voting Moderna has been overlooked.

We aren’t using Moderna yet. I think it comes on stream this month so we will have three vaccines going at the same time. This is probably why we keep getting hints from politicians etc that the rate of vaccinating will go through the ceiling this month. Fingers crossed anyway.

We aren’t using Moderna yet. I think it comes on stream this month so we will have three vaccines going at the same time. This is probably why we keep getting hints from politicians etc that the rate of vaccinating will go through the ceiling this month. Fingers crossed anyway.

What is it like? Is it any more or less effective than the others?

Maybe because a new voter has joined the poll, the poll is not closed so the number could go up by say 10,000 (or any number subject to being an smb member) if that many people decided to suddenly join the poll and give that as their answer.

Maybe because a new voter has joined the poll, the poll is not closed so the number could go up by say 10,000 (or any number subject to being an smb member) if that many people decided to suddenly join the poll and give that as their answer.

Why would a member put Moderna when it’s not out yet?

Wife is 61. Not had a letter or text from gp but has booked an appointment at new mass vaccination centre tomorrow via the NHS app which is inviting bookings if you are over 60. Worth trying if you fall in that category and haven't heard anything.

Thats what I did and got an appointment for yesterday afternoon at the Nightingale hospital where I had the AZ vaccine and have had no adverse reaction and all good so far.

One other thing to note, my wife who is over 3 years younger than me was waiting in car park to drive me back home. I mentioned this to the Nurse who then organised for her to come into the hospital so that she could get the vaccine also. The Nurse said they want as many people vaccinated as possible and not let appointments or vaccines go to waste

Back