• Had your second jab

Votes: 77 10.4%
  • Had your third jab (see jcvi info)

Votes: 32 4.3%
  • Had first jab, won't have any more

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Had second jab, won't have any more

Votes: 54 7.3%
  • Had third jab, won't have any more (see jcvi info)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Had booster, won't have any more

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Had booster, will consider new information before any more jabs

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Had booster, happy to continue with any further jabs offered

Votes: 393 53.3%
  • Never had a jab, dont believe in them

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • Never had a jab, couldn't really be bothered

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Will only get a jab(s) if not having one impacts on my lifestyle

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Will have booster if offered to my category/age group

Votes: 43 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mother is in hospital with a bit of a reaction after her booster and flu vaccine yesterday and chemo. Nothing major, just sickness but took her in because she’s cancer patient.
Sunderland Royal were great. Straight in at A&E, obs done, no waiting, straight round to side room away from everyone else. Then up to a side room on a ward for bloods X-ray and urinalysis.

Last edited:
I had my third primary dose (not my booster) yesterday afternoon, after receiving a letter advising me that informed me that I needed this due to having a significantly weakened immune system.

Looks as though I'll have a fourth dose, the booster, in around 6 months.

I had my third primary dose (not my booster) yesterday afternoon, after receiving a letter advising me that informed me that I needed this due to having a significantly weakened immune system.

Looks as though I'll have a fourth dose, the booster, in around 6 months.
Interesting, thank you. Hope all goes well for you.

Mother is in hospital with a bit of a reaction after her booster and flu vaccine yesterday and chemo. Nothing major, just sickness but took her in because she’s cancer patient.
Sunderland Royal were great. Straight in at A&E, obs done, no waiting, straight round to side room away from everyone else. Then up to a side room on a ward for bloods X-ray and urinalysis.
Things got a bit worse, Neutropenic Sepsis. Luckily caught it very early and Sunderland Royal have been great sorting it. Hopefully home tomorrow if WBCs continue to rise. Almost certainly a result of chemo and Pfizer vaccine.

Not been offered a booster, but neither has a friend. who like me is double jabbed and has had Covid.

I'm ok with that.

Couldn't wait to get my 2 jabs. I know that I'm far less likely to get seriously ill if I catch covid now.
I wasn't arsed about boosters, and tbh I'd rather see those doses shared with the world to help vaccinate everyone - which is partially selfish as its rampant spreading overseas where dangerous variants will be born.

But seeing the actual results of how many antibodies are created from the booster compared to the 2nd jab was amazing. It was about 20 times more. So if I get offered, I'll probably take it. If nothing more than it'll reduce my chances of passing onto someone else.

Not peered reviewed yet, but interesting nonetheless. This is maybe why I had such a bad reaction to the second jab...haven't been offered the booster, so that tells a tale. As an aside, is it possible that the anti vaxers all have antibodies through unknown infection?

Another poll.

This time it isn't so much about the vaccine type/manufacturer but how many vaccines received. Currently it seems that moderna or pfizer are the vaccines of choice for the booster jab, but in the early days of vaccination AZ wasn't used. It will be interesting to see if the booster changes to AZ as time goes on. Comments on vaccine name welcome.

3rd dose information from jcvi
( ^ not the booster dose)

You can change your vote as your situation changes. Use CHANGE VOTE at bottom right of poll

@The Lambton Worm
@Jap Stammer
@addicted_to_safc
@Billericay Dichio

had both jabs waiting for my booster think I get that in December

Not peered reviewed yet, but interesting nonetheless. This is maybe why I had such a bad reaction to the second jab...haven't been offered the booster, so that tells a tale. As an aside, is it possible that the anti vaxers all have antibodies through unknown infection?

The paper is on medrixv.
Their methodology does lead to slight bias against vaccines so I'm not sure it'll get picked up by anyone to get published as it is at the moment.
I don't know if the bias would be enough to drastically change the conclusions drawn but until it's addressed I doubt any bigger publisher would take it on.
I guess if they took the local case fatality rates at the time of the study they could remodel to account for it.

In relation to antivaxers it's possible but highly unlikely.

It seems clear that infection + vaccine offers best protection from the virus and the best way to get that with the least risk of death or long lasting illness is vaccine first. (not that I'm advocating anyone willingly get infected)

The paper is on medrixv.
Their methodology does lead to slight bias against vaccines so I'm not sure it'll get picked up by anyone to get published as it is at the moment.
I don't know if the bias would be enough to drastically change the conclusions drawn but until it's addressed I doubt any bigger publisher would take it on.
I guess if they took the local case fatality rates at the time of the study they could remodel to account for it.

It seems clear that infection + vaccine offers best protection from the virus and the best way to get that with the least risk of death or long lasting illness is vaccine first. (not that I'm advocating anyone willingly get infected)
Just had a look on the ONS...what an impressive climb in vaxed people developing antibodies from late December 2020 to August 2021 :D

My father who has underlying conditions kidney cancer has a bad reaction to the booster and it nearly killed him. I’m happy enough with my 2 jabs.

The paper is on medrixv.

I wonder what the craic is regarding those that volunteered to deliberately get infected.

Back