Have we hit peak T20 boredom?

International T20 is a waste of time and tends to reduce preparation time for Tests/ODIs.

Ask the West Indies team after they won that brilliant World Cup T20 final in that last over whether waste of time winning a World Cup.

Where as a standard test match between let's say New Zealand and South Africa means what?

In general, I would advocate 3 separate 4/5 week periods for T20 competitons - March/April (IPL) July (Blast) and December (BBL). Other countries can choose which one they prefer (if the BCCI continue their feud with the PCB, the latter would benefit from holding their T20 at the same time as the IPL). Give it some structure and stick to it.

I've always been bored by T20

Maybe I am getting old but I am genuinely excited for the Windies test series. Haven't watched a ball of the Big Bash.
This

Test Cricket is the pinnacle, the white balls stuff is fun to watch but ultimately it means very little to me.

Maybe I am getting old but I am genuinely excited for the Windies test series. Haven't watched a ball of the Big Bash.

Same mate, love it, I could sit and watch every ball like, and often do

Probably makes me sad as fuck like

I love going to test cricket but I think it really is a good experience to watch it on TV. Where as football, I can't really watch on TV

Same mate, love it, I could sit and watch every ball like, and often do

Probably makes me sad as fuck like

I love going to test cricket but I think it really is a good experience to watch it on TV. Where as football, I can't really watch on TV

cricket is, for me, the only sport i could enjoy watching, either on tv or live, as a neutral and enjoy. i find most sports pretty dull if i'm not invested in the outcome.

however can quite happily wander into a cricket ground, no idea who is playing or what the score is and just enjoy meself.

cricket is, for me, the only sport i could enjoy watching, either on tv or live, as a neutral and enjoy. i find most sports pretty dull if i'm not invested in the outcome.

however can quite happily wander into a cricket ground, no idea who is playing or what the score is and just enjoy meself.

Couldn't agree more.

Wandered up to the old Kandy Asgiriya ground last November to have a mooch about and say I've been to another ground where test cricket has been held. Lo and behold there was a Barmy Army v Talksport game taking place so I stopped and watched it. Was only a T20 game like.

Wandered up to the old Kandy Asgiriya ground last November to have a mooch about and say I've been to another ground where test cricket has been held. Lo and behold there was a Barmy Army v Talksport game taking place so I stopped and watched it. Was only a T20 game like.

ah, that's a shame it wasn't proper cricket mate. gutted for ya

Back