Have we hit peak T20 boredom?

the IPL
the big bash
the Pakistan something or other
Bangladesh whatever

Does anyone actually give a fuck?

It’s like Big Brother. Everyone loved it for a year. But soon to be channel 5, and off to die a death

No, it's a good format.

But I think money will eventually gravitate even more to the bigger tournaments and eventually some of the smaller comps will wither and die. BBL, IPL and our new one (sorry everyone) I think will become the main three. Possibly CPL too as that's also good calendar-wise to attract big names.

Some of the comps in the gulf area with no one in the ground are horrific spectacle-wise. Also, I do think that your argument might hold with T10 as it's just crap as a sporting spectacle.

I enjoy the IPL every year it's a fanastic watch, I would rather watch that than a New Zealand South Africa test match for example.

Plus I could watch Jos Buttler in T20 time and time again.

However do agree too many spouting up all over the place.

Quality ones with quality top cricketers is always a good watch imo.

You just have to see the reaction of the winners of our national T20 winners each year to see they certainly give a fuck!

Is this a pisstake? Outside your bubble, T20 is the most popular format in the world by attendances, by far.

BBL attendances 1.1 million a year, IPL attendances 1.6 million a year, plus TV. How many turn up to watch test matches or the CC in comparison?

Is this a pisstake? Outside your bubble, T20 is the most popular format in the world by attendances, by far.

BBL attendances 1.1 million a year, IPL attendances 1.6 million a year, plus TV. How many turn up to watch test matches or the CC in comparison?

I think with all respect to the cricket fans on this board, there is this assumption that test cricket is the most popular, based on their own preferred preference when in reality T20 is still incredibly popular especially in India.

The way I'm thinking at the moment is that I'm interested in Durham 1st, 2nd and 3rd with a strong preference for County games but I'll also tak an interest in one-day and T20.

The last Test series I took an interest in was the one in SA and since I've cancelled Sky I'm not sure when I'll watch any Test games - although I have Now TV so I might pay for Sports on a month by month basis.

Only chance I really get to watch Durham in a proper live match so I'm still game for it.

Although the 100 ball wankery looks to put an end to that.

the IPL
the big bash
the Pakistan something or other
Bangladesh whatever

Does anyone actually give a fuck?

It’s like Big Brother. Everyone loved it for a year. But soon to be channel 5, and off to die a death

Absolutely, and I don't think its just bitter people on this forum, there is a general malaise across the world

really can't believe the ECB are launching a new format

I firmly believe the Big Bash is a more interesting watch than the IPL

Its been terrible this year mate, too many games, awful pitches, lack of big names, awful pitches.

Nah there has been a downturn this year like, the BBL crowds are down.

Hell of a lot watch Test cricket

Absolutely, and I don't think its just bitter people on this forum, there is a general malaise across the world

really can't believe the ECB are launching a new format

Its been terrible this year mate, too many games, awful pitches, lack of big names, awful pitches.

Nah there has been a downturn this year like, the BBL crowds are down.

Hell of a lot watch Test cricket

In the biggest cricket loving country in the world India.

There is no debate that T20 is preferred massively over any other form, the IPL is massive full of quaility and full of top class entertainment.

In the biggest cricket loving country in the world India.

There is no debate that T20 is preferred massively over any other form, the IPL is massive full of quaility and full of top class entertainment.

The IPL is class, wasn't the OP's point, there is far too much of it and the other tournaments are starting to struggle

South Africa's got cancelled the other year

Why did you ignore the rest of my post

The IPL is class, wasn't the OP's point, there is far too much of it and the other tournaments are starting to struggle

South Africa's got cancelled the other year

Why did you ignore the rest of my post

The op mentioned the IPL in his opening post and asked do people give a fuck, just pointing out millions give a fuck about the IPL.

However I did in my first post on this thread (post 3) agree too many spouting up, soo agree on that point.

The op mentioned the IPL in his opening post and asked do people give a fuck, just pointing out millions give a fuck about the IPL.

However I did in my first post on this thread (post 3) agree too many spouting up, soo agree on that point.

I like 20/20 mind there’s just been too much and it’s having a slight impact

Back